6 OT Big East QF game from ‘09 against UConn... | Syracusefan.com

6 OT Big East QF game from ‘09 against UConn...

Two random thoughts:
-it’s weird seeing Kemba as a secondary, non-alpha player
-what a spring chicken JB was at only 65 years of age

The ball movement, players screening and rolling, subbing guys in and out, mix of high end athletes ...it's a completely different team.
It’s crazy. I can’t believe it’s the same program as what we’re seeing now. That team wasn’t even all that athletic or big, but they make this years team look like a bunch of high schoolers.

Can’t believe it’s already been 11 years. The game seems so different. Neither team relied heavily on the 3-ball, instead drove, passed and found good shots. Wasn’t a pretty game by any means but the basketball was a lot more appealing with much better players involved.

This was such a fun game and just a level of basketball we may never see at SU again any time soon.

Why is this broadcast in standard def? It was most certainly in HD in ‘09 and it’s airing on ESPNUHD. I don’t understand

That team would beat our current team by atleast 20 points.
That team was a complete offensive team.

It’s sad that I don’t think we will see that type of team again for a while. It’s hard to be optimistic about this program. We should be a top 25 team next year but without Hughes my expectations again become low.

Wait, what?
I expected to be top 25 before it became obvious Hughes is leaving.

If Hughes came back we should have had real expectations.
Now the expectations will be to be plucky and hope to make the tournament.

I remember being LIVID when Thabeet mugged our guy around the basket when UConn tied it up. We’ll see if it still looks as bad this time.