7 fogos | Syracusefan.com

7 fogos

ivorytower

Starter
By grade and alphabet, who emerges as 3rd-4th to keep both Varello and Phaup fresh this year?

Varello sr
Phaup jr

then ...

Garlow jr
Thornton soph
Aviles fr
Kline fr
Talago fr

By grade and alphabet, who emerges as 3rd-4th to keep both Varello and Phaup fresh this year?

Varello sr
Phaup jr

then ...

Garlow jr
Thornton soph
Aviles fr
Kline fr
Talago fr

Thornton is no longer with the program I believe and Garlow is a local guy who is a walk on I believe. You have at this point Phaup as the main guy and Varello as the main back up. I think it most likely comes down to Kline or Talago for the third spot as Aviles may get some run as a middie with his skills but could surprise.

Phaup/Varello a good contrasting combo in whatever order , good year under their belts and now backed by some deep depth.

Believe Thornton coming back as rumored looking at his insta.

Seth Thornton

Cuse ‘22| “Around the world now I’m back again”

Thornton's an athelete similar to Aviles n could also run some mid.. Won 63% as primary fogo for competitive d3 Stevenson and several awards.

Kline and Talago two other competent frosh.

Garlow is another athletic kid who most likely provides additional depth at ssdm.

Talago wasn’t even the best FOGO in his area, which is not exactly a hot bed.

Where are the Thornton rumors originating from? Is it possible he never changed his instagram bio? That quote is also a chorus on a Lil' Wayne song so I don't know how much to read into it.

I didn't realize he landed at Stevenson where I also noticed Connor Nelson ended up. Thornton missed the last eight games of the season so I assume he got injured. Paul Cantabene is the head coach there and he was a good fogo in his playing days.

Not familiar with league he played in but Dukes faces good comp.

Read the nice writeup earlier in his thread from 17 Nike Blue Chip where comp is good.

Luke Talago ’19, F/O, Allentown Central Catholic (Pa.) / Duke’s LC
Bound for Syracuse, Talago was essentially automatic at Blue Chip, as teams just assumed he’d get the ball himself and started to plan around it to prevent fast-break goals. Very technical and well built for the position, he was extraordinarily quick to the whistle compared to his peers. One of two FOGOs committed to Syracuse in the 2019 class, a group that’s very diverse from a geographical sense.

Since then notable jump in hs going from 59% to 77% in sr yr with 18 goals in 15 games. Watched a recent vid on him, well spoken kid with nice looking family. Cuse has time to develop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom