7 more games on ESPN3 | Syracusefan.com

7 more games on ESPN3

thebigeast44

Starter
ESPN3 works well on my Roku box. But I'd prefer the games to be on cable etc so I can use my dvr functions if needed. The last couple of games have showed up late on Time Warner in Rochester but only in standard definition. The HD on ESPN3 was far superior.

I wonder if this is going to become the norm in years to come? And how it will affect our national exposure. And I wonder if ESPN3 will become another regular channel offered on cable or satellite?

It's even worse for those fans who do not have access to ESPN3. I'd hate to be in that situation. I hope SU and the ACC can improve access for all fans in future years.

The point of ESPN3 is to show like 10-20 games at once and in different sports. It's not going to be a channel. It's ESPN's streaming service.

For those fans who don't get ESPN3 just ask a friend/relative for their ESPN3 login if they live in the service area. I mean I don't pay for cable TV at all and just watch ESPN3 for my sports.

I don't get the point of wanting to DVR ESPN3 though? They have all replays available if you miss something.

One of the nice things about having a dvr is the ability to pause a game or whatever if you get a call or something comes up. You can't do that with live tv or a live stream such as ESPN3. Sure, I can go back later if I miss some action but I'd rather have the option the dvr affords me.

And I'm sure some people would feel uncomfortable using someone else's login. That could be viewed by some as stealing content. How is that any different than if you were stealing cable programming at your house?

I respect you (and others) that can pause a live Syracuse game to use the John or take a phone call or anything else... But I can not do that. It simply is not in my blood.

How does your lucky position on the couch work if you arent real time?

ESPN3 will be available on regular cable in 18-36 months.

how will espn3(watchespn) that shows 20 games at once be on any cable system? there may be a espn3 channel showing one game..

I don't have access to ESPN3 (DirecTV)...but I do have access to season tickets!

If any away games end up on ESPN3 I am gonna be pissed.

Does anybody know if you can watch firstrowsports on roku? I know it doesn't work on my iPad.

upperdeck said:
how will espn3(watchespn) that shows 20 games at once be on any cable system? there may be a espn3 channel showing one game..

It will happen. A good friend of mine works for ESPN and does work for them specific to E3. This isn't hearsay.

How is there 7 games left on ESPN 3? I think for locals there is only one against High Point.

I think it's interesting how our expectations have shifted. I think it's incredible that I can watch EVERY game in some way, which is a heckuva lot better than even five years ago. I get frustrated, too, with the impulse to pause and the inability to dvr/watch later once everyone is in bed...but if that's the price to pay for some access to these early season games, I'm ok with that.

Sure beats the craptastic service that OAA offers.

In a vacuum, of course. If you're not a subscriber to a cable service that provides ESPN3 that definitely stinks.

meh, even with cable internet (Comcast) and access to espn3, the feed and quality is always spotty. I'm not understanding why any of the ACC games would not be on the ACC regional network and available somewhere on dirctTV. pre-conf cupcakes, sure but the conference games should be broadcast on some network

meh, even with cable internet (Comcast) and access to espn3, the feed and quality is always spotty. I'm not understanding why any of the ACC games would not be on the ACC regional network and available somewhere on dirctTV. pre-conf cupcakes, sure but the conference games should be broadcast on some network
Any ACC/RSN game will be on directv somewhere. There's only one espn3 game left.

ok, just checked and all of SU's ACC games except for 2 are on a regular network (espn, cbs, etc) or ACC network/Raycom. DirectTVers like me should be set. :)

Anybody with a Roku or AppleTV...can you stream the games no matter what ISP you have? I have Directv and access to ESPN3, so I'm not worried, just wondering...

Anybody with a Roku or AppleTV...can you stream the games no matter what ISP you have? I have Directv and access to ESPN3, so I'm not worried, just wondering...
No you need a login

Where I live in Connecticut I don't get the ACC Network. So I'll be getting at least five more games on ESPN3. Glad I got AppleTV.

Where I live in Connecticut I don't get the ACC Network. So I'll be getting at least five more games on ESPN3. Glad I got AppleTV.

I live in Brooklyn and other than the Cornell game, the Maui games and the Indiana game, I don't think I've been able to get any of the games on TV.

I live in Brooklyn and other than the Cornell game, the Maui games and the Indiana game, I don't think I've been able to get any of the games on TV.
Sounds like you have cable.

Wow. Can't believe you don't get the ACCN games in Brooklyn. That's not right. I'm just out of the range north of New Haven, but I thought anyone close to NYC would get the ACCN games. I get all the ACC Regional games, and one of those was Colgate. You should get the ACCR games as well.

Strange.

AppleTV was worth the $99.