7 more games on ESPN3 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

7 more games on ESPN3

I live in Brooklyn and other than the Cornell game, the Maui games and the Indiana game, I don't think I've been able to get any of the games on TV.

Same here in Manhattan.

Wow. Can't believe you don't get the ACCN games in Brooklyn. That's not right. I'm just out of the range north of New Haven, but I thought anyone close to NYC would get the ACCN games. I get all the ACC Regional games, and one of those was Colgate. You should get the ACCR games as well.

Strange.

AppleTV was worth the $99.

I have Cablevision, which blows. It's the only system my building allows. I assume Fios would be better but I can't do it.

Wow. Can't believe you don't get the ACCN games in Brooklyn. That's not right. I'm just out of the range north of New Haven, but I thought anyone close to NYC would get the ACCN games. I get all the ACC Regional games, and one of those was Colgate. You should get the ACCR games as well.

Strange.

AppleTV was worth the $99.
My Roku 3 is coming today. I cannot freaking wait to give it a spin.

why? Direct TV is better in just about every possible way (in my experience)

Because I dont feel like putting a satellite dish on my roof and having to deal with that. I went over a buddys house to watch a game two weeks ago when we got snow and he had to climb on his roof to knock the snow off because the signal went out.

Basically I am just lazy. I dont mind paying for cable, I get every channel I want and the picture is plenty good enough. Could I do better? Yea probably but what I have works just fine.

I respect you (and others) that can pause a live Syracuse game to use the John or take a phone call or anything else... But I can not do that. It simply is not in my blood.

How does your lucky position on the couch work if you arent real time?
Breaking my vow of silence. But, you're about to be a dad to a baby. Get ready for the pause button. Mother suckaaaa. See you SOBs Sunday.

Because I dont feel like putting a satellite dish on my roof and having to deal with that. I went over a buddys house to watch a game two weeks ago when we got snow and he had to climb on his roof to knock the snow off because the signal went out.

Basically I am just lazy. I dont mind paying for cable, I get every channel I want and the picture is plenty good enough. Could I do better? Yea probably but what I have works just fine.
first question is why put the dish on the roof? unless you live in a completely wooded lot dont ever put it on the roof. if you go more than 5-10 hrs a year without a signal because of weather you are not the norm. cable signals are down just as much for most people as dish type signals. the local OTA signal from syracuse is down way more than my Directv has ever been

first question is why put the dish on the roof? unless you live in a completely wooded lot dont ever put it on the roof. if you go more than 5-10 hrs a year without a signal because of weather you are not the norm. cable signals are down just as much for most people as dish type signals. the local OTA signal from syracuse is down way more than my Directv has ever been

See shows you how little I know about it!

I know people gripe about cable but its something that I just live with. It pains me more to pay National Grid for my power than it does to pay Time Warner for my cable I can tell you that.

I have Cablevision, which blows. It's the only system my building allows. I assume Fios would be better but I can't do it.

I think you need to contact Dr. Gross and tell him you can rarely watch NY's College Team in Brooklyn.

ESPN3 will be available on regular cable in 18-36 months.

Just like networks charge cable/sat providers a per subscriber fee to access their programming, ESPN3 now forces ISPs to pay a per subscriber, whether the subcriber uses the service or not.

I question whether ESPN3 could command such fees from both sides of the delivery spectrum. Perhaps, but sounds ambitious.

That's funny because when I built my house 4 years ago the directv guy wouldn't put a dish on it because it was "new construction" ( I don't know if that was his policy or the company's)They put a metal post in the ground and put the dish on it. You wouldn't even know it's there from the location. It's easy to get to also. I don't think you have to put it on your house.

Last edited:
Breaking my vow of silence. But, you're about to be a dad to a baby. Get ready for the pause button. Mother suckaaaa. See you SOBs Sunday.

the baby will learn really fast not to move once he finds his lucky position in the pack and play. :rolling:

are we Atl friends? Am I going to see you on Sunday?

Here's the link to our schedule posted on the ESPN site showing 7 upcoming games on ESPN3:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/183/syracuse-orange

TV viewing seems fluid this year with the last couple of games showing up unannounced on Time Warner, albeit in crappy standard definition. I hope the games are not limited to only ESPN3 for the sake of many Orange fans out there without access.

Here is the rest of the schedule from this sites additional content menu. I find this the most informative of the schedules.

Sunday, December 15th St John's 12 PM MSG, NYC Fox Sports 1
Friday, December 20th High Point 7 PM Carrier Dome ESPN3
Saturday, December 28th Villanova 2 PM Carrier Dome CBS
Tuesday, December 31st Eastern Michigan 3 PMCarrier Dome ESPNU
Saturday, January 4th Miami 2 PM Carrier Dome ACC; ACC RSN
Tuesday, January 7th Virginia Tech 9 PM Blacksburg, VA ACC; ACC RSN
Saturday, January 11th North Carolina 12 PM Carrier Dome ACC; ESPN
Monday, January 13th Boston College 9 PM Chestnut Hill, MA ACC; ESPNU
Saturday, January 18th Pittsburgh 4 PM Carrier Dome ACC; ESPN2
Saturday, January 25th Miami 1 PM Coral Gables, FL ACC; CBS
Wednesday, January 29th Wake Forest 9 PM Winston-Salem, NC ACC; Raycom
Saturday February 1st Duke 6:30 PM Carrier Dome ACC; ESPN
Monday, February 3rd Notre Dame 7 PM Carrier Dome ACC; ESPN
Sunday, February 9th Clemson 6 PM Carrier Dome ACC; TBD
Wednesday, February 12th Pittsburgh 7 PM Pittsburgh, PA ACC; ESPN2
Saturday, February 15th North Carolina State 3 PM Carrier Dome ACC; ACC RSN
Wednesday, February 19th Boston College 7 PM Carrier Dome ACC; ESPN2
Saturday, February 22nd Duke 6 PM Durham, NC ACC; ESPN2
Monday, February 24th Maryland 7 PM College Park, MD ACC; ESPN
Saturday, March 1st Virginia 4 PM Charlottesville, VA ACC; ESPN2
Tuesday March 4th Georgia Tech 7 PM Carrier Dome ACC; TBD
Sunday, March 9th Florida State 2 PM Tallahassee, FL ACC; ACC RSN
ACC Tournament

Thanks for posting that cusetown1. So it appears that the ESPN3 games listed on ESPN's site will also be seen in some markets on ACC network affiliates. Hope it becomes more clear cut in the future.

Thanks for posting that cusetown1. So it appears that the ESPN3 games listed on ESPN's site will also be seen in some markets on ACC network affiliates. Hope it becomes more clear cut in the future.
I'm not sure about any cable company's, but all games other than High Point will be on directv (in some sort of package) anywhere in the country.

Here's the ESPN Full Court Package schedule as posted on Directv's website:

http://www.directv.com/sports/fullcourt_schedules

Wish they made it sortable by team to make it easy to read and sort through.

Here are the channels in their sports pack:

http://www.directv.com/sports/sports_pack

So as you state cusetown, the games will be available on one channel or another through Directv. Barring snow on your dish of course :)
In that case spray some Pam on your dish that will prevent the snow from staying on your dish.

Here's the link to our schedule posted on the ESPN site showing 7 upcoming games on ESPN3:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/183/syracuse-orange

TV viewing seems fluid this year with the last couple of games showing up unannounced on Time Warner, albeit in crappy standard definition. I hope the games are not limited to only ESPN3 for the sake of many Orange fans out there without access.
If you check Matts College Sports, they don't list that many ESPN3 games.
http://www.mattsarzsports.com/Season/Contents?sportYear=basketball201314

its time to input a little common sense here:

i think the confusion is that all games on the acc network are also on espn3... espn.com lists them as being on espn3 because of course they would.

according to what i am reading on this thread - the only game not on acc network is High Point. That is the only game that (given you get an acc regional channel) you will have to watch on espn3. Capiche?