7 o’clock Pittsburgh at Syracuse 1989 ESPN classic | Syracusefan.com

7 o’clock Pittsburgh at Syracuse 1989 ESPN classic

11 o’clock Syracuse at Pittsburgh 1990 I believe we won that game on Stevie Thompson and steel and dunk
The steal was at Connecticut 88
Doug Logan was going crazy in the background

11 o’clock Syracuse at Pittsburgh 1990 I believe we won that game on Stevie Thompson and steel and dunk

You're correct. Stevie went the length of the court for a dunk after a steal. We were down 4 with less than a minute to play. Hit a 3, then the steal/dunk. We were #1 in the country and stayed there for one more game until we lost at home to Nova.

The steal was at Connecticut 88
Doug Logan was going crazy in the background

same as your 90 pitt game. but I don't think stevie made the steal. he did make the dunk.

same as your 90 pitt game. but I don't think stevie made the steal. he did make the dunk.
I think it was an outlet from Seikaly, who got the rebound, but it could have been DC.

One week later was the infamous Kentucky blue uni game. :(

Your right but it wasn’t length of the court. Stevie stole it as midcourt after they threw it dumbly into the backcourt.

Was at that Villanova game. Worst game I have ever been to. Damn Greg Woodard with like 20 free throws in the second half! We lost by like 18.

Come to think of it Elmer Bennett was also really bad for me. Ate at Grimaldi’s after that game! That’s where my family and Grandma always ate before or after the games. Had season tickets and drove from Binghamton. I couldnt eat after that damn shot.

Your right but it wasn’t length of the court. Stevie stole it as midcourt after they threw it dumbly into the backcourt.

Was at that Villanova game. Worst game I have ever been to. Damn Greg Woodard with like 20 free throws in the second half! We lost by like 18.

Come to think of it Elmer Bennett was also really bad for me. Ate at Grimaldi’s after that game! That’s where my family and Grandma always ate before or after the games. Had season tickets and drove from Binghamton. I couldnt eat after that damn shot.

Damn I miss Grimaldi’s.

Which game are you talking about with the Thompson dunk?

Cuse @ UConn. UConn inbounded the ball at mid court, The guy on UConn ran to the backcourt just past half court and Stevie jumped in front stoke it and ran in for the dunk. Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s what I remember.

The original on Erie Blvd was the one I was referring too. When it closed we started going to Joey’s off Carrier Circle.

I believe that space is occupied by Delmonico's now if memory serves me correctly.
Could be but the original Grimaldi's still holds a lot of good memories for me.
Ask Dickie V. how much he liked it.

Could be but the original Grimaldi's still holds a lot of good memories for me.
Ask Dickie V. how much he liked it.
Oh for sure. A few of my friends have worked there over the years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom