8 games into the 2010 season... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

8 games into the 2010 season...

Good lord how many times can we post the same f%&$&$ statistic .. honestly? But since you ask the question of how ... here you go:

2009 SOS 40th ... record 4-8
2010 SOS 85th ... record 7-5
2011 SOS 48th ... record 5-7
2012 SOS 44th ... record 2-4 (as of today)

Do you see a correlation yet or do I need to start putting stuff up there in bold? Good lord this board can be a gigantic broken record at times.

Isn't that a case that we have not really made much progress though? Going forward we will be playing a Top 50 schedule every year. Having 8 ACC games, 2 OOC BCS games, 1 cupcake, and 1 FCS game. So shouldn't we evaluate Marrone on what has done against similar schedules? The 2010 schedule was an outlier that likely never happens again. Thus far Marrone has a .367 winning % against Top 50 schedules. So wouldn't one expect 4.4 Ws in 2013? Is that really acceptable? Yes it is better than GRob, who would project out to 2.55 Ws, but in year 5 shouldn't we be further along?

Isn't that a case that we have not really made much progress though? Going forward we will be playing a Top 50 schedule every year. Having 8 ACC games, 2 OOC BCS games, 1 cupcake, and 1 FCS game. So shouldn't we evaluate Marrone on what has done against similar schedules? The 2010 schedule was an outlier that likely never happens again. Thus far Marrone has a .367 winning % against Top 50 schedules. So wouldn't one expect 4.4 Ws in 2013? Is that really acceptable? Yes it is better than GRob, who would project out to 2.55 Ws, but in year 5 shouldn't we be further along?

This season is ONLY HALF OVER!!!

And you are going to include year one?

"but in year 5 shouldn't we be further along?", who made you Nostradamus?

...we were 6-2 and needing 1 win to get bowl eligible, since we had 2 wins against FCS teams. Marrone's record at that point was a solid 10-10, coming after the hideous 10-37 of the GRob era.

Since then we are 9-14.

Ugly.

Somehow we had enough talent to eek out a 10-10 start crawling from the wreckage of the Robinson regime. Yet as more Marrone-recruited talent plays the worse our record gets.

Weird, right?

And if they finish 6-6 this year the three year record will be 19-18.

And if they finish 6-6 this year the three year record will be 19-18.

You may not believe this, but we all hope they do. We're preparing ourselves in case they don't. And we're anxiously awaiting your thoughts if they don't. 2-4 record, a lot of mistakes to fix, which aren't trending in the right direction. 4 of 6 remaining games on the road, which doesn't typically lead to less mistakes. What is in our favor, is that we're healthier and deeper and therefore, should be able to avoid the terrible regular season finishes of the last 2 years.

Roof comes off if they don't get it done this Friday.

"but in year 5 shouldn't we be further along?", who made you Nostradamus?
It's not about who is or isn't Nostradamus. It's about expectation.

If we knew at Marrone's hire date what we know now would we have been happy sitting at 2 and 4 this season? I think most folks would be disappointed. That's not a knock on Marrone, it's a compliment, because we thought with the Saints background and o-line experience and everything that he'd have things turned around sooner.

If we knew at Marrone's hire date what we know now would we have been happy sitting at 2 and 4 this season? I think most folks would be disappointed. That's not a knock on Marrone, it's a compliment, because we thought with the Saints background and o-line experience and everything that he'd have things turned around sooner.

It's not year 5 yet.

It's not year 5 yet.
I'm well aware of that, and my post indicated what expectation would be at the middle of year 4.

I pulled the ol' switcherooski!

As much as I love Coach, I can't help but agree with your post.

...we were 6-2 and needing 1 win to get bowl eligible, since we had 2 wins against FCS teams. Marrone's record at that point was a solid 10-10, coming after the hideous 10-37 of the GRob era.

Since then we are 9-14.

Ugly.

Somehow we had enough talent to eek out a 10-10 start crawling from the wreckage of the Robinson regime. Yet as more Marrone-recruited talent plays the worse our record gets.

Weird, right?

At 6-2 that year here are the turnover numbers:

Total Turnovers (-1)
Syracuse 14
Opponents 13

6 Wins (+4)
Syracuse 8
Opponents 12

2 Losses (-5)
Syracuse 6
Opponents 1

Is 19-18 unacceptable?

Chip made a good point, what if things dont get turned around and this team (god I hope they dont) finishes say 4-8 instead of the 6-6 you mentioned earlier, what are your thoughts then?

because DOUG never holds them responsible for their mistakes

instead he sits Kobena, Broyld, Flemming and keeps Rene as punt returner

You don't think AB is sitting because of continually blowing blocking assignments?

You don't think AB is sitting because of continually blowing blocking assignments?

No ... AB should not be utilized as a running back, the staff has miss used him this year. If you play him, then play him ... dont waste a year. Utilize him as a slot receiver, receiving tight end, occassional QB play.

Dont play him between the tackles, get him out in space

if we win saturday it will be marrone's 20th right?

that would double grob's and have almost half a season left. that's a 100% increase in the number of wins.

dispute that b!tches;)

No ... AB should not be utilized as a running back, the staff has miss used him this year. If you play him, then play him ... dont waste a year. Utilize him as a slot receiver, receiving tight end, occassional QB play.

Dont play him between the tackles, get him out in space

Everybody has to block.

Good lord how many times can we post the same f%&$&$ statistic .. honestly? But since you ask the question of how ... here you go:

2009 SOS 40th ... record 4-8
2010 SOS 85th ... record 7-5
2011 SOS 48th ... record 5-7
2012 SOS 44th ... record 2-4 (as of today)

Do you see a correlation yet or do I need to start putting stuff up there in bold? Good lord this board can be a gigantic broken record at times.

What "same" statistic?

Wins?

We're not allowed to post our win count now?

And I'm not sure your SOS point is going to make anyone feel better. Hey guys, remember that decent season against the historically crappy schedule? Well we'll never play that crappy a schedule again! Hooray!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom