85 million$$$$ a year is what syracuse,pitt | Syracusefan.com

85 million$$$$ a year is what syracuse,pitt

retro44

Living Legend
brought to the Big ACC.

The 12 existing teams were getting 13.9 million and now goes to 17.1 million a year.That is a years pay over 50 million$$$$ combined for all ACC teams. then throw in in Syracuse's and Pitts portion it comes to pretty close to 85 million a year of total increase just in t.v. money from ESPN.

So Delaney how do you like us now because we just got the Big ACC 1.4 billion over the next 15 years not factoring in other revenues.

FWIW... rutgers would still be in the red with this deal...adios schiano

brought to the Big ACC.

The 12 existing teams were getting 13.9 million and now goes to 17.1 million a year.That is a years pay over 50 million$$$$ combined for all ACC teams. then throw in in Syracuse's and Pitts portion it comes to pretty close to 85 million a year of total increase just in t.v. money from ESPN.

So Delaney how do you like us now because we just got the Big ACC 1.4 billion over the next 15 years not factoring in other revenues.

FWIW... rutgers would still be in the red with this deal...adios schiano

Not exactly true.

Expansion allowed allowed the ACC to renegotiate their contract. And while SU/Pitt certainly added value, you need to account for the fact that the Pac16 and B1G contracts reset what the market would actually pay.

Had ESPN actually allowed the ACC to renegotiate without expansion, you can be sure their contract value wold have increased with or without Syracuse/Pitt. Thankfully for us, it didn't.

Not exactly true.

Expansion allowed allowed the ACC to renegotiate their contract. And while SU/Pitt certainly added value, you need to account for the fact that the Pac16 and B1G contracts reset what the market would actually pay.

Had ESPN actually allowed the ACC to renegotiate without expansion, you can be sure their contract value wold have increased with or without Syracuse/Pitt. Thankfully for us, it didn't.

why would ESPN re-open a contract that was set to run until 2023.I really doubt ESPN believes in charity to the tune of 85 mill a year.

Don't know if they a publically traded company,but if they were I would dump any investments in any company that would hand out that kind of cash for nothing when you have them on the hook for the next decade +1.

My point is the ACC's contract was undervalued as soon as the ink dried. I'm not saying we didn't add value to the renegotiation, but the ACC could've brought in ECU and Memphis and improved on their original contract.

The additions of SU and Pitt were the vehicle to reopen negotiations...but the Pac, B12 and B1G contracts re-set the market value. These deals did more to up the ACC contract than did the additions of SU and Pitt.

why would ESPN re-open a contract that was set to run until 2023.I really doubt ESPN believes in charity to the tune of 85 mill a year.

Don't know if they a publically traded company,but if they were I would dump any investments in any company that would hand out that kind of cash for nothing when you have them on the hook for the next decade +1.
The company is run by some guy on ice and a rodent with giant ears..