94 and 95 Alton and Slayton Expectations | Syracusefan.com

94 and 95 Alton and Slayton Expectations

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Our grown men anchors. Two pro calibre draft prospects imo.

What are our expectations for these two now that they have a bit more depth behind them?

Would like to see Slayton hit double digit TFL’s and Robinson get to 8 sacks (very dificult in our style of d).

Slayton is going to draw doubles as long as no one else disrupts the middle. Robinson is going to draw the slide until someone can get edge on the other side.

They'll be as good as we are at the other two spots.

Would like to see the front 4 take the pressure off the linebackers in the run game. Anything after that is gravy.

It’s so hard for Slayton getting double and sometimes triple teamed until we get that 1-shade that demands the same. When we do or if we have it this year, we will be tough upfront. Slayton is a great 3 shade but it’s easy for a Clemson cause any one of the four can make a play plus they send1-3 backers sometimes.

Slayton is going to draw doubles as long as no one else disrupts the middle. Robinson is going to draw the slide until someone can get edge on the other side.

They'll be as good as we are at the other two spots.

Would like to see the front 4 take the pressure off the linebackers in the run game. Anything after that is gravy.
Thats where sugarbear comes in

Theres depth, health and talent on the line this year. Its big.

Wonder if Ruff ever puts it together. Thought he’d be a stud LB when we recruited him but would love to see him be a bull in the middle to relieve the 1s as well

Our grown men anchors. Two pro calibre draft prospects imo.

What are our expectations for these two now that they have a bit more depth behind them?

Would like to see Slayton hit double digit TFL’s and Robinson get to 8 sacks (very dificult in our style of d).

Love these 2, but Slayton can be doubled inside d/t our lack of balance across the DL. If the T2 kicks in and we start bringing backers and dbs with success, then, Slayton can have a big year. Even minus the stats, the pros will see his effectiveness and game and I bet they see his value and he goes top 3 rds easily. Stay healthy #95.

Idk about All ACC, especially with clemson/miami/fsu. But I do expect an improved pass rush with added depth and Black/sugarbear/berry progressing

It’s so hard for Slayton getting double and sometimes triple teamed until we get that 1-shade that demands the same. When we do or if we have it this year, we will be tough upfront. Slayton is a great 3 shade but it’s easy for a Clemson cause any one of the four can make a play plus they send1-3 backers sometimes.
It's amazing they would ever blitz with their DL talent.

Way to set a realistic expectation...

I expect both guys to have solid seasons but All-ACC will require a huge season for our D.

Let me clarify. Honorable Mention? Is that better? Although now that I think about it Clemson is going to have DT wrapped up. I'll see myself out...

Let me clarify. Honorable Mention? Is that better? Although now that I think about it Clemson is going to have DT wrapped up. I'll see myself out...

Not trying to Dogpile here... Clemson's DL has 4 projected 1st round picks for 2019. I don't think that's ever been done before. Tenn has 2 DTs go in the 1st round a few years ago.

Not trying to Dogpile here... Clemson's DL has 4 projected 1st round picks for 2019. I don't think that's ever been done before. Tenn has 2 DTs go in the 1st round a few years ago.

Yeah i got ahead of myself and Bnoro put me back down as he should. I want to see Slayton get 15 TFL and Robinson 8 sacks. that to me seems doable.

The best thing about them is that they look like ACC players. Will they be all ACC? Who knows. But either could start for a lot of teams in this league. Other than our own overrating of our players, I'm not sure it's something that can be said much lately.

Add them to a list with Coleman, Black, McKinley, it's the size that a Power 5 DL should be.

The best thing about them is that they look like ACC players. Will they be all ACC? Who knows. But either could start for a lot of teams in this league. Other than our own overrating of our players, I'm not sure it's something that can be said much lately.

Add them to a list with Coleman, Black, McKinley, it's the size that a Power 5 DL should be.
Slayton and Robinson deserve the accolades they’re getting.

Big time performances out of those two vs Dabo and Jimbo.

Not saying you think they dont, just adding to your post!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom