A big WOW!!! HOW DO WE COMPARE | Syracusefan.com

A big WOW!!! HOW DO WE COMPARE

retro44

Living Legend
UConn: The salaries of Bob Diaco's staff have been announced; Diaco ($1.5 million in year one), associate head coach / quarterbacks coach Don Patterson ($242,000), offensive coordinator / tight ends coach Mike Cummings ($292,000), defensive coordinator Anthony Poindexter ($292,000), receivers / specials teams coordinator Wayne Lineburg ($1192,000), co-defensive coordinator / linebackers coach Vincent Brown ($242,000), recruiting coordinator / defensive line coach Kevin Wolthausen ($192,000), offensive line coach Mike Foley ($192,000), running backs coach Ernest T. Jones ($192,000), co-special teams coordinator / corners coach Josh Reardon ($107,000

Is that Vincent Brown "The undertaker" from his linebacking days with the New England Patriots?

Doesn't it make more sense to compare SU to other private schools rather than a state run university?

Not to get to off topic but Anthony Poindexter was a great hire for them.

Their coaching staff makes about 3.5 million dollars give or take. Kevin Ollie makes 1.2 million dollars a year, Geno Auriemma makes 1 million dollars a year. AAC schools will get a little less than $2 million per year off a reported six-year, $126 million deal starting in 2013-14.

That means UConn is paying its 3 highest paid coaches 5.7 million dollars per year and their TV money is 2 million dollars a year. This is why when I say I feel bad for UConn I say it. They have exit fee money for 4-5 years to cover the 3.7 million difference in TV money versus salaries and unless they make a boatload of money from donations/fundraising/ticket sales the program the football program won't be sustainable when you factor in expenses beyond coaches salaries.

Diaco will be out of there in no time and off to a bigger gig.

I think Shafer makes less and in total our assts make more.