A Challenge for the Folks in the Lower Level End Zones | Syracusefan.com

A Challenge for the Folks in the Lower Level End Zones

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Let's try and start a new tradition at Syracuse games ala what the Green Bay Packer players do with the Lambeau Leap at Packer home games.

We will obviously need some cooperation from the players but I think they will be amenable, especially for TDs scored in the eastern end zone, which will be filled with crazed students.

Those of you lucky enough to see in the few couple of rows of seats behind the end zones just might have an up close and personal encounter with an Orangeman. Wouldn't that be cool?

Otto's Army, are you down with this? West End Zone fans, get a cool name (West End Zone Fans is not bad) and also get on board. I think it would be awesome if you guys pooled some cash and bought a cool sign to mark your territory in this new era of Syracuse football.

Let's try and start a new tradition at Syracuse games ala what the Green Bay Packer players do with the Lambeau Leap at Packer home games.

We will obviously need some cooperation from the players but I think they will be amenable, especially for TDs scored in the eastern end zone, which will be filled with crazed students.

Those of you lucky enough to see in the few couple of rows of seats behind the end zones just might have an up close and personal encounter with an Orangeman. Wouldn't that be cool?

Otto's Army, are you down with this? West End Zone fans, get a cool name (West End Zone Fans is not bad) and also get on board. I think it would be awesome if you guys pooled some cash and bought a cool sign to mark your territory in this new era of Syracuse football.

Great idea, but wouldn’t we get flagged for an excessive celebration penalty?

One thing I would like to see for hoops is what the NBA arenas do for the Chik Fil A promo. Whenever an opponent misses the 1st free throw, entire NBA arenas get on their feet and chant in unison, CHIK FIL A, CHIL FIL A, CHIL FIL A. In the dome, 20,000+ chanting fans screaming at the top of their lungs would sound awesome. Right now, most people don't even understand the promo.

Basically, we need more chanting, and less knitting.

One thing I would like to see for hoops is what the NBA arenas do for the Chik Fil A promo. Whenever an opponent misses the 1st free throw, entire NBA arenas get on their feet and chant in unison, CHIK FIL A, CHIL FIL A, CHIL FIL A. In the dome, 20,000+ chanting fans screaming at the top of their lungs would sound awesome. Right now, most people don't even understand the promo.

One of my biggest gripes is that Syracuse doesn’t effectively use its video boards etc to get people more into the game

Why do they do this? What is the promo?

Used to love in the dome when the old Miller crowd would chant back and forth - “great taste - less filling”. Sad that Miller closed up, they had some crazy, rabid fans in the upper 300’s back in the day.

I believe everyone in the arena gets a free chicken sandwich from Chik-Fil-A if an opposing player missed both free throws when they have two to shoot.

This carrot gets the masses riled up to try and get the opposing team to miss free throws.

Pretty sure Chik-Fil-A has this deal available to all ACC schools. I believe we are the only one who has not implemented it.

I believe everyone in the arena gets a free chicken sandwich from Chik-Fil-A if an opposing player missed both free throws when they have two to shoot.

This carrot gets the masses riled up to try and get the opposing team to miss free throws.

Pretty sure Chik-Fil-A has this deal available to all ACC schools. I believe we are the only one who has not implemented it.
Cuse is part of the promo. It's just that the in house promotional people don't promote. Here is what Boban Maronovich did this year in the NBA to reward Clippers fans, a team he used to play for.

Cuse is part of the promo. It's just that the in house promotional people don't promote. Here is what Boban Maronovich did this year in the NBA to reward Clippers fans, a team he used to play for.

Yes.. we do this already, I Actually got a free chicken sandwich out of it this past season…. It’s pretty well advertised on the video boards plus I believe they have paper signs in the corridors promoting it.

One of my biggest gripes is that Syracuse doesn’t effectively use its video boards etc to get people more into the game
This 100%. Been saying this since the video boards were installed. Could be a great tool to utilize that's been largely ignored.

I'd be happy if on every 3rd down where the opponent was inside our 30, if everyone would stand and clap and yell as loud as they can.
That should cause a lot of false starts.

I kid you not, I’ve once been asked by fans before to sit down on a third down before in the dome
There are people like that but why go to the game if you aren't going to root for the team.
A few years ago we got Teddy Bridgewater to call 2 timeouts when he couldn't call signals because of the noise.
I had the aisle seat in 129 Row B, he was on about the 17 or 18 yard line.all of 128, 129, and 130 were making so much noise, it was a great time. We blew the doors off a ranked team.

Yes.. we do this already, I Actually got a free chicken sandwich out of it this past season…. It’s pretty well advertised on the video boards plus I believe they have paper signs in the corridors promoting it.
There used to be a basketball promo for french fries in ancient times, and I believe it was for breaking 100 points.

Us, not combined. Which I believe proves it was in ancient times.

I think we had 98 or 99 in the closing seconds against some poor but typical JB opponent.

And Hal Cohen just dribbled the clock out. As he should have.

And got booed.

I was a student journalist then and asked him about it in the locker room.

He said, “I’d just like to apologize to all those I’ve deprived of fries today.”

Yes, it's advertised, but the fans haven't adopted the chanting of CHIK FIL A, CHIK FIL A, CHIK FIL A. As I said previously, we need more chanting and less knitting. Fans haven't embraced that part of it.

We have the largest arena in college basketball along with an NBA quality scoreboard, yet we treat the in game experience sometimes like we are a low level D3 school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom