A Challenge for the Folks in the Lower Level End Zones | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A Challenge for the Folks in the Lower Level End Zones

We have a song! They can play the Pet Shop Boys “West end girls”

Make it all female coeds in the end zones and I guarantee the players will be jumping in. Recruiting will soar too.

One thing preventing the "Lambeau Leap" at the Dome is thick steel railings.

Yes, it's advertised, but the fans haven't adopted the chanting of CHIK FIL A, CHIK FIL A, CHIK FIL A. As I said previously, we need more chanting and less knitting. Fans haven't embraced that part of it.

We have the largest arena in college basketball along with an NBA quality scoreboard, yet we treat the in game experience sometimes like we are a low level D3 school.
Personally, I’d rather see the Dome Knitter back again than to chant Chick Fil A.

One thing preventing the "Lambeau Leap" at the Dome is thick steel railings.
The railings in the end zone are, I believe, getting changed. They are thicker and are now dark blue instead of orange. See below.

I would think the change will help make this happen as the more heavy duty railings should support more weight than the old ones.

It looks to me as though the players can jump up, put their feet on the top of the wall and hold the railings pretty easily. I don’t think the height will be much of a a problem. Hoping fans will help support them and congratulate them when they pop up.

I think it could be pretty special. I hope it happens.

Club-44-seating.jpg

I kid you not, I’ve once been asked by fans before to sit down on a third down before in the dome
Yep. Thats happened to me many, many times over the decades. Ive even had people like, tug on my jersey urging me to sit down. Not anymore now where we sit down low behind the SU bench, where its all players families and die hards, but telling fans to sit down is ridiclously a thing in the Dome. At least a couple dozen times its happened to me in my lifetime.

One thing I would like to see for hoops is what the NBA arenas do for the Chik Fil A promo. Whenever an opponent misses the 1st free throw, entire NBA arenas get on their feet and chant in unison, CHIK FIL A, CHIL FIL A, CHIL FIL A. In the dome, 20,000+ chanting fans screaming at the top of their lungs would sound awesome. Right now, most people don't even understand the promo.

Basically, we need more chanting, and less knitting.
Everyone loves the CFA fowl shot promo for basketball. I think it’s no surprise that an on-campus chick fil a and more promotions / sponsorships are in the mix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom