A couple more NC State comments | Syracusefan.com

A couple more NC State comments

florange44

Scout Team
I traveled to NC State with 3 buddies. Really enjoyed the area and the result of the game made it even better.
Some comments

1) enjoyed meeting TexanMark and talking a bit at halftime. Great guy and loyal orange fan. My first meeting with board royalty!

2) sat near Va_Saltine, JJRedDawg and others. Lots of fun watching a Cuse game with other diehards!

3) Golfed Friday at the NC State course on campus. Very nice, challenging, but fair. Golfed Sunday at a course near Chapel Hill. Excellent.

4) Lots of good natured ribbing from NC state fans on the golf course and at the tailgate we had, but overall they were laid back. They didn't seem to have much confidence. I understand why. I bet 50 people over the weekend told us "welcome to the ACC".

5) I thought the tailgate atmosphere and turnout by NC State was excellent. It is not the same size as the Auburn, Tennessee, and Florida tailgates I've been to, but every bit as good.

6) Spent some time at a bar (Players Retreat) right across from our hotel. Managed by a B'ville guy and he took good care of us.

7) The downtown bar scene in Raleigh was very good. Many different places and lots of variety.

The combination of golf availability, winnable game, good fall weather, good tailgate atmosphere and a fun place to go out makes this a highly recommended travel destination for Orange fans.

Florange44

I traveled to NC State with 3 buddies. Really enjoyed the area and the result of the game made it even better.
Some comments

1) enjoyed meeting TexanMark and talking a bit at halftime. Great guy and loyal orange fan. My first meeting with board royalty!

2) sat near Va_Saltine, JJRedDawg and others. Lots of fun watching a Cuse game with other diehards!

3) Golfed Friday at the NC State course on campus. Very nice, challenging, but fair. Golfed Sunday at a course near Chapel Hill. Excellent.

4) Lots of good natured ribbing from NC state fans on the golf course and at the tailgate we had, but overall they were laid back. They didn't seem to have much confidence. I understand why. I bet 50 people over the weekend told us "welcome to the ACC".

5) I thought the tailgate atmosphere and turnout by NC State was excellent. It is not the same size as the Auburn, Tennessee, and Florida tailgates I've been to, but every bit as good.

6) Spent some time at a bar (Players Retreat) right across from our hotel. Managed by a B'ville guy and he took good care of us.

7) The downtown bar scene in Raleigh was very good. Many different places and lots of variety.

The combination of golf availability, winnable game, good fall weather, good tailgate atmosphere and a fun place to go out makes this a highly recommended travel destination for Orange fans.

Florange44

Good post. Duke, NC State and UNC all have top notch golf courses that are open to the public and pretty reasonably priced. I played the UNC course last spring and enjoyed it. Tough, but fun and fair too. A couple of friends love both the Duke and NC State courses and tell me there are a number of other excellent courses in the Raleigh area that are well worth a visit.

I will be back in 2 years, and might stop by on my visits to Greensboro for the ACC basketball tournament as well.

Head down to Pinehurst if you haven't been. Lots of B&B and obviously can stay at the resort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom