A couple of thoughts | Syracusefan.com

A couple of thoughts

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
They will learn LOTS from tonight. Way better than any cupcake win. They competed hard. Offense looked a little better. Joseph still doesn't know what he is doing out there. Stating the obvious but...

- My god the turnovers. Those six in a row towards the end of the 2H. So demoralizing.
- Corner threes open again for Michigan
- Offensive rebounding by Michigan really hurt us
- Guards keep getting sucked in by any penetration away from them and they leave their men like Albrecht/Walton open for whatever reason. It keeps happening every game!! Cooney keeps doing this and obviously Joseph.
- Rak had some sick moves tonight. Looked awesome. Too bad he lost that one out of bounds which would've been an automatic deuce. Baby steps.

How do you think Boeheim is going to play it in the locker room?

They will learn LOTS from tonight. Way better than any cupcake win. They competed hard. Offense looked a little better. Joseph still doesn't know what he is doing out there. Stating the obvious but...

- My god the turnovers. Those six in a row towards the end of the 2H. So demoralizing.
- Guards keep getting sucked in by any penetration away from them and they leave their men like Albrecht/Walton open for whatever reason. It keeps happening every game!! Cooney keeps doing this and obviously Joseph.
- Rak had some sick moves tonight. Looked awesome. Too bad he lost that one out of bounds which would've been an automatic deuce. Baby steps.

Turnovers are the biggest story obviously. It's disconcerting to see how careless these guys are with the ball at times. Not sure that's going to improve - but hopefully it does. We're easily rattled.

The guards definitely have to do a better job out there playing defense. Albrecht tore them up - sucked them in, sucked them out...played 'em like a fiddle.

Wish Patterson got more minutes tonight. He played some real good D in the first half when he came in...Dakich mentioned it on the air.

Wish Patterson got more minutes tonight. He played some real good D in the first half when he came in...Dakich mentioned it on the air.

Would've liked that too. My guess was Cooney was starting to hit threes so Buss stayed on the bench. His perimeter D was needed, though. Tough call for Boeheim.

Yeah, and if one thing about Joseph stood out at the end of the game (other than his wild decision-making), it was that he was gassed. That last three was a good shot. He just didn't have any legs. Could have used a second-half breather.

I wonder what Patterson's plus-minus is; I haven't followed closely enough. He's not generating any offense in his limited minutes, but I think he could help us.

Our wings on the front line are playing too far up again. I don't know if that's because Joseph and Cooney are too slow to get to the foul line extended, but that shot is going to be open all year. And that means we will see Rak coming out to try to block that shot, and then an easy offensive board will be had inside if the shot is missed.

Yeah, and if one thing about Joseph stood out at the end of the game (other than his wild decision-making), it was that he was gassed. That last three was a good shot. He just didn't have any legs. Could have used a second-half breather.

I wonder what Patterson's plus-minus is; I haven't followed closely enough. He's not generating any offense in his limited minutes, but I think he could help us.

That shot was right on line. Again, you called that right. he was gassed, but the form and shot were good - just no legs left.

don't know exactly what JB needs to see to realize McCullough can't man the post. stuck his paw in that beehive enuf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom