A couple things to be on the lookout for at 4:30 today | Syracusefan.com

A couple things to be on the lookout for at 4:30 today

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
I meant to post this a few days ago but between the gorgeous weather and work I havent had the time. Here a few things I am goign to be on the lookout for today.

ND's shot accuracy- Lost in the great peformance of the SU D on saturday was how abysmal ND was putting shots anywhere near the cage. They were absolutely putrid, especially in the second half. On one third quarter possession alone they took 3 shots in 30 seconds due to the stall warning and got zero on cage. If ND is shooting that bad again they have zero shot today. Based on the fact they will surely shoot better we are going to need better performances from Pratt and Jenkins, both were beat a couple times in the second half but the ND shooters were way off target.

Lamo - Need a good game from him here. Hes been wildely inconsistent the last 2-3 weeks. Bad game vs Rutgers, awful game versus Hobart, good game vs Gtown, good game vs ND. He only had to face 4 shots in the second half on Saturday, I doubt that repeats itself, need him to hold ND to 7-8 goals max.

Stars have to come out - Syracuse needs the scorers who have carried them all year to get it in gear down the stretch starting today with ND. Cometti has been MIA since the Rutgers game, ditto for Maltz who has to stop missing door step goal chances. He has at least a dozen goal shots this year that have either been saved or missed wide, he has to convert those. Schoonmaker has also been quiet lately, getting one of those three guys going today would be big. Also need Ward to finish his chances, to many missed door step goals like Maltz.

X- Need to be .500 here at least. Daddio was good early vs ND on saturday but struggled down the stretch when he was called for two violations, interference, and a 30 second delay penalty. Wouldnt be surprised to see Paduda today.

Play with a purpose - Per the PS article yesterday SU's D is playing with a chip on its shoulder based on Coorigan giving SU zero credit for how bad ND looked Saturday. I think this bodes well for us but we need to play smart and not try for the big hit or crazy strip, ND's offense is not good if we can make them work for everything they should struggle again. On offense we need to jump out early get a 3-1 or 4-1 lead, that should put ND on its heels and they are likely to start throwign the ball over the place again. I am not expecting another blowout win but if SU has the chance it needs to put its foot on there throat early and send a message.

Has ND got their #1 FO Guy back? He was injured last Game..

Lets see how nd defends from behind. We started to hurt them from behind the cage. They messed up slides and slid to early at times or slid when they didn't have to. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go zone or just not slide at all unless the guy is flatly beat.

We made some crazy shots to, I wouldn't expect to see too many Lecky alley dodges draining shots high on the run from 15 yards out. But i think the book on the goalie is to shoot high.

Lets see how nd defends from behind. We started to hurt them from behind the cage. They messed up slides and slid to early at times or slid when they didn't have to. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go zone or just not slide at all unless the guy is flatly beat.

We made some crazy shots to, I wouldn't expect to see too many Lecky alley dodges draining shots high on the run from 15 yards out. But i think the book on the goalie is to shoot high.

Agree on Lecky and the zone defense, ND will surely try to over compensate for the invert dodges and offense from behind the cage. If they go zone we should get Dejoe or Walters out with the first and second mids.

Jeremy, you gonna have a chat going? I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull the stream up at work yet. Might need your play by play

Jeremy, you gonna have a chat going? I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull the stream up at work yet. Might need your play by play

Yes I should, I am gettign out of the office at 430 so I will be a little late in getting something up but by mid way through the 1st quarter I should be up and going.

Yes I should, I am gettign out of the office at 430 so I will be a little late in getting something up but by mid way through the 1st quarter I should be up and going.

Roger that, cowboy

Got you covered. We'll do a chat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom