a crazy idea | Syracusefan.com

a crazy idea

orangezen

All Conference
to maybe keep a few players in college for 4years .. its just a thought im throwing out here so dont judge it too hard .. how about getting some sponsor for a " senior player of the year " that gets a million bucks on graduation .. they can then go on to the nba .. maybe a few players would stay and compete for it rather than risk an early NBA exit ..

to maybe keep a few players in college for 4years .. its just a thought im throwing out here so dont judge it too hard .. how about getting some sponsor for a " senior player of the year " that gets a million bucks on graduation .. they can then go on to the nba .. maybe a few players would stay and compete for it rather than risk an early NBA exit ..

"I can wait 4 years, and get a million bucks... or I can play one year, get a million bucks, and by year 4 hopefully sign a huge contract"

I don't think the "senior player of the year" would do anything except give someone like Triche, a million bucks... the players who are leaving now, would still leave.

instead why not have a pot of money that helps keep the kids in college who are trying to get an education to go do something to make a difference in the world instead of entertaining fat cat boosters.
in my opinion no one who cares that a kid love college early to pursue a professional sports job cares one iota about the best interest of the kids. I say BS.

Some players declare early and then dont get drafted or get any kind of money .. how many end up in d leagues overseas w/o much money I doubt Devo or Harris are millionaires

Some players declare early and then dont get drafted or get any kind of money .. how many end up in d leagues overseas w/o much money I doubt Devo or Harris are millionaires

But they THINK they can be millionaires. Kids have been leaving early, and failing for how many years? If everyone hasent smartened up by now, "Hey dude, maybe I should stay in school" then it's never gonna happen

Devo and Harris didn't leave because they though they were going to be NBA millionaires

Change to the 1 yr rule is what is needed. Baseball rule as others have said makes the most sense. NBADL is slowly getting better and if you change the rule you get more talent in those leagues. Then you no longer have this silliness and instead focus on who is going to college and you can recruit. It will hurt the mid majors as their pool of recruits will be invaded by major programs more but it will even out.

So what?

Devo and Harris didn't leave because they though they were going to be NBA millionaires
Some people just don't get this. Similarly, some people think Flynn is an example of a player who jumped to the NBA early and flopped without acknowledging that his two biggest problems were his hip and Kurt Rambis.

Some people just don't get this. Similarly, some people think Flynn is an example of a player who jumped to the NBA early and flopped without acknowledging that his two biggest problems were his hip and Kurt Rambis [his work ethic].

Thought that could stand a minor correction.