A Dome first? | Syracusefan.com

A Dome first?

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
This has probably been mentioned, but hard to fish around here.

I can't remember a single snap under center today, from either team. So is that right, and has that ever happened before?

Our offense gets Pugh, Lemon, Stevens back at some point. I know our scheme was basically all new, every run was from spread option read, so the cat's out of the bag. But there seems to be a lot to work with. Was impressed with the OL, I hadn't expected much. The experience that Kobena and Clark got today will be so valuable down the road. Even Broyld, even though he didn't get nearly as much play as the other two.

This has probably been mentioned, but hard to fish around here.

I can't remember a single snap under center today, from either team. So is that right, and has that ever happened before?

Our offense gets Pugh, Lemon, Stevens back at some point. I know our scheme was basically all new, every run was from spread option read, so the cat's out of the bag. But there seems to be a lot to work with. Was impressed with the OL, I hadn't expected much. The experience that Kobena and Clark got today will be so valuable down the road. Even Broyld, even though he didn't get nearly as much play as the other two.

Good post--agree across the board.

Also only 3 touchbacks per year over last 5 years. Had at least 3 today. Maybe more

Considering that, did Mackey make it back into the game? I didn't pay attention.

Also only 3 touchbacks per year over last 5 years. Had at least 3 today. Maybe more

So meaningful. Huge huge huge difference. Given the field position crowd around here, you'd think it will be a big topic tmrw.

44cuse

So meaningful. Huge huge huge difference. Given the field position crowd around here, you'd think it will be a big topic tmrw.

44cuse

Everyone is going to have more touchbacks due to the ball being 5 yards closer. What teams will try to do now is to not kick it in the endzone and try to pin the return man inside the new touchback yard line of 25.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Great game.

Great offensive performance.

Disheartening loss.

But, we saw a lot of progress today- that's what I'm taking away from the game.

Play the next shot.

Everyone is going to have more touchbacks due to the ball being 5 yards closer. What teams will try to do now is to not kick it in the endzone and try to pin the return man inside the new touchback yard line of 25.

Even if we kicked the ball off from 40, we would not have had touchbacks the prior 3 years.

Yep, that's right. But, IMO even being five yds closer would not have helped our kickers.

44cuse

Even if we kicked the ball off from 40, we would not have had touchbacks the prior 3 years.

Why not? We averaged about 62 yards per kick. That's inside the goal line from the 40. Granted 2 yards deep isn't usually a touch back but that was the average, so plenty of them were deeper than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom