A FAN OF BOTH PITT AND S.U...... | Syracusefan.com

A FAN OF BOTH PITT AND S.U......

GENESEO1983

Walk On
I do understand the general hatred towards Pittsburgh due to their brand of physical/mugging style of basketball, but this is one of their better teams, quite skilled to go along with their in your jock strap defense. My daughter just finished grad school at S.U. and I've been a Syracuse fan since the days of Sweet D and the brothers Lee, however I do root for Pittsburgh except when they play Syracuse since my son attends Pitt and is one of the team managers...this game always is special for me.

I do understand the general hatred towards Pittsburgh due to their brand of physical/mugging style of basketball, but this is one of their better teams, quite skilled to go along with their in your jock strap defense. My daughter just finished grad school at S.U. and I've been a Syracuse fan since the days of Sweet D and the brothers Lee, however I do root for Pittsburgh except when they play Syracuse since my son attends Pitt and is one of the team managers...this game always is special for me.
your son should be considered the black sheep of your family. Your daughter on the other hand, should be the apple of your eye.

Well, you are only ever as good as your competition. Pitt has a great team and a great coach. I have a lot of respect for them. I don't know what "hated" you are talking about. When I think of Pittsburgh I do not get the same "" feeling. And I do not get the same "What the F is Hoya?" feeling. And even though I respect Duke and Coach K, for some strange reason I get huge satisfaction whenever a team beats Duke especially at Cameron.

But I will tell you this, I can't wait until Duke plays at Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh plays at Duke. Then each of them can get a dose of their own home court medicine of the visiting teams being within spitting distance of their student bodies.

GO ORANGE!!!

Great story. So as a better informed Pitt fan than most of us, who do you think will win Saturday? No pampering please.

My father is a Pitt Alum but is a much bigger Cuse fan. Good for you and him that both schools made it to the ACC. I'm happy as well.

It's been a nice experience for my son being a part of the Pitt program, he played high school hoops here in Syracuse and one of his coaches hooked him up with Brandon Knight so he got the job. He doesn't get to go on road trips until next year, his senior year, when he gets to go to Maui with the team. Any of you who haven't been to their arena really should make the trip there, beautiful arena and their student section circling the court is second to none....they really add to the experience. Pittsburgh is quite a nice small city and PNC stadium is quite a place to enjoy a baseball game, aesthetically pleasing with the city in the background. He's met quite an array of celebrities there including Jack Lambert who he sat with drinking beers at a Pirates playoff game this past October...he said Lambert pulled out his front 4 teeth for him, ha ha. Dixon and the team are fired up for this one and realize a win here could go along way to winning the ACC.

We will never be friends.

And picking a favorite kid?

For shame

It's been a nice experience for my son being a part of the Pitt program, he played high school hoops here in Syracuse and one of his coaches hooked him up with Brandon Knight so he got the job.

Never knew Brandon Knight was Gay, but I always had a feeling.

I do understand the general hatred towards Pittsburgh due to their brand of physical/mugging style of basketball, but this is one of their better teams, quite skilled to go along with their in your jock strap defense.

I have fallen into this trap before myself. For over a decade, several Pitt teams have "looked different" in the early part of the season, with efficient and skilled offensive play. But in the end, they have always reverted to kind. Too many times I've seen the Panthers turn into Kittens in March. I need to see them keep running through the tape one time before I fall for it again.

My daughter just finished grad school at S.U. and I've been a Syracuse fan since the days of Sweet D and the brothers Lee, however I do root for Pittsburgh except when they play Syracuse since my son attends Pitt and is one of the team managers...this game always is special for me.

nothing says "special" like pitting your children one against the other ;)

I feel fortunate to have 2 intelligent children who have and are getting great educations at 2 premier universities and have been able to enjoy big time division one sports programs. I don't post often and I knew the abuse I'd take in this thread which is all in fun...I just thought I'd share a different perspective. Try to remember, they're still a bunch of young college kids playing a game for us old timers to enjoy and banter about.

You should feel bad.

;)

I feel fortunate to have 2 intelligent children who have and are getting great educations at 2 premier universities and have been able to enjoy big time division one sports programs. I don't post often and I knew the abuse I'd take in this thread which is all in fun...I just thought I'd share a different perspective. Try to remember, they're still a bunch of young college kids playing a game for us old timers to enjoy and banter about.
that's why I gave you the wink ;)

My wife went to Pitt and we were married at Heinz chapel on campus 28 years ago. She know better than to root for Pitt as I am not pleasant during games or especially after a loss. Our son currently at Cuse too, so she's outnumbered!

I truly am ambivalent about Pitt. Sure I want us to beat them because of how poorly we've done against them recently, but we are 63-39 overall against them.

In the Big East I much preferred us playing Georgetown, UConn, Nova, St. John's, ND, and for a short period of time Louisville.

I wish the ACC had paired us with Maryland/Louisville than Pitt, especially since I don't think there's anyway around being paired with BC. Hope the ACC changes the set pairs in the near future.

Cheers,
Neil

Panthers are going down Reilley!!!!

I had a dear friend go to Uconn.

...had

I do understand the general hatred towards Pittsburgh due to their brand of physical/mugging style of basketball, blah blah blah I do root for Pittsburgh except when they play Syracuse since my son attends Pitt and is one of the team managers...this game always is special for me.

You go wash out your dirty mouth right now. And this "son" of yours? Just... smh

It's always funny when family comes into play. My uncle is a UNC grad, so I've been enjoying that. :D

One of my favorite moments in the Dome was in '08 when St. Joe's came to play. My sister was a cheerleader at the time (I'm not posting pics, so don't even ask!), and the usher let me onto the court to say hi and we took a court-side picture together. SU hammered em, so that was nice too.

amusekill.jpg