A Few Random Thoughts - Sight Unseen | Syracusefan.com

A Few Random Thoughts - Sight Unseen

newmexicuse

All Conference
I am looking forward to seeing some games. No ACC network by my cable provide - so boo hoo for me in terms of games i will get to see.

1. Hard to believe it was just about one year ago that Jalen nailed 26 at UConn and looked like a star in the making. You simply do not have a game like he had without some talent, yet the bottom has fallen out for him ever since. However, ever since that performance i was so unimpressed with his play the rest of last season that i never believed he could improve enough to be our starting PG this year. I predicted a long time ago it would be Joe. Jimmy said that Jalen could still have a role if he practiced well enough. Hope Jalen keeps his nose to the grindstone and rises up to surprise us all.

2. Moving on to Joe. Great start for the kid. He appears to be a warrior. His next challenge will be if he can put together a few strong games such as he had last night and the focus shifts onto him with attention from bigger more athletic defenders will he continue to shine ? I say, yes, though nobody should be surprised if there is an adjustment period for him once that happens.

3. Great to see that Q appears to be doing what he should be doing. His strength inside will be a necessity throughout the season.

4. Marek, he appears to have made a jump. His game is letting the game come to him, but he has to find a balance between that and also being aggressive and creative.

5. Sid, stay healthy big guy !!! You deserve an opportunity to show your real game !!!

6. Elijah, looks like his game is rounding out nicely. Between Buddy and Joe, there are enough shooters so that he should have at least a reasonable amount of room to operate.

7. Buddy, seems to manage to reach double digits even when he is not hot.

8. Will need to actually see Brycen and Jesse to form any opinions, can't discern enough from highlights, articles, and comments of fellow fans.

9. Bras, don't understand the DNP in a 20 point game. With his combination of size, athleticism, and three point range he has a unique skillset for this team. He has the potential to be a difference maker in certain situations, very disappointed that Jimmy did not get him some floor time. In Jimmy's presser he said players who practice well will play. Any issues with Bras and practicing well ? Would appreciate comments from anybody who attends practice on that topic.

Anyways, my expectation for this season is that there will be a return of excitement to Cuse hoops. There should be ball movement and aggressive shooting. No more ball stopping and plodding. Expect there will be a lot of ups and downs with a young team. main goal is to see slow and steady progression throughout the season. How will that translate to W's ? As much as I hate the bubble, and as much as i hate to say it, I think in the end it will be another bubble season. First order of business, keep the STREAK, and then end up on the right side of the bubble.

I am looking forward to seeing some games. No ACC network by my cable provide - so boo hoo for me in terms of games i will get to see.

1. Hard to believe it was just about one year ago that Jalen nailed 26 at UConn and looked like a star in the making. You simply do not have a game like he had without some talent, yet the bottom has fallen out for him ever since. However, ever since that performance i was so unimpressed with his play the rest of last season that i never believed he could improve enough to be our starting PG this year. I predicted a long time ago it would be Joe. Jimmy said that Jalen could still have a role if he practiced well enough. Hope Jalen keeps his nose to the grindstone and rises up to surprise us all.

2. Moving on to Joe. Great start for the kid. He appears to be a warrior. His next challenge will be if he can put together a few strong games such as he had last night and the focus shifts onto him with attention from bigger more athletic defenders will he continue to shine ? I say, yes, though nobody should be surprised if there is an adjustment period for him once that happens.

3. Great to see that Q appears to be doing what he should be doing. His strength inside will be a necessity throughout the season.

4. Marek, he appears to have made a jump. His game is letting the game come to him, but he has to find a balance between that and also being aggressive and creative.

5. Sid, stay healthy big guy !!! You deserve an opportunity to show your real game !!!

6. Elijah, looks like his game is rounding out nicely. Between Buddy and Joe, there are enough shooters so that he should have at least a reasonable amount of room to operate.

7. Buddy, seems to manage to reach double digits even when he is not hot.

8. Will need to actually see Brycen and Jesse to form any opinions, can't discern enough from highlights, articles, and comments of fellow fans.

9. Bras, don't understand the DNP in a 20 point game. With his combination of size, athleticism, and three point range he has a unique skillset for this team. He has the potential to be a difference maker in certain situations, very disappointed that Jimmy did not get him some floor time. In Jimmy's presser he said players who practice well will play. Any issues with Bras and practicing well ? Would appreciate comments from anybody who attends practice on that topic.

Anyways, my expectation for this season is that there will be a return of excitement to Cuse hoops. There should be ball movement and aggressive shooting. No more ball stopping and plodding. Expect there will be a lot of ups and downs with a young team. main goal is to see slow and steady progression throughout the season. How will that translate to W's ? As much as I hate the bubble, and as much as i hate to say it, I think in the end it will be another bubble season. First order of business, keep the STREAK, and then end up on the right side of the bubble.
Re #9... I've been fortunate to be able to watch every game including the exhibitions. While Braswell might have size and athleticism and killer 3 range... it's not functional. He is SKINNY and seems pretty lost on the court right now. If he could park himself on the 3 point line he probably would be okay... but a) we have 3 other shooters and b) he's too easy to defend on the three point line if he is static. Whatever he gives us on offense he will give back on D because he's too skinny to play the middle or the 4 for that matter. My two cents there.

Agree, if we are on the bubble this year it’s different with an overall young team. No one likes being on the bubble, but if we are this year it’s more understandable as we set up for the next 2-3 years of what could, and should, be teams ready to return to our upper level status and make deep runs.

wasn't able to watch or listen even. just glancing at the box score JG3 had a nice debut especially deep. quincey got to the line 14 times in 17 minutes and was the only real bench contributor. second half totals look closer than the first. how good was seattle ? was this a good test for the team?

wasn't able to watch or listen even. just glancing at the box score JG3 had a nice debut especially deep. quincey got to the line 14 times in 17 minutes and was the only real bench contributor. second half totals look closer than the first. how good was seattle ? was this a good test for the team?
Seattle was not very good. Colgate was better.

2nd half Seattle came out in FIRE... like UVA last year in the 2nd half on fire... like Depaul putting a 120 spot on fire. Which is why 2nd half was closer.

Guerrier's showing however was translatable to better teams. He played like a mini-Oshae Brissett... but to be very clear Brissett was a much much better player. Guerrier is not nearly as strong or explosive yet... but the potential is certainly there.

I've done this and I am saving $100 per month even after paying $50 per month for YouTube tv.
I did this upon moving to FL a few years ago. No need for a cable bill in two places as you can sign in to your account anywhere. Was with Sling but I just switched to YoutubeTV as Sling is having a few tech issues right now. I'm getting all my local Cuse stations with Youtube. And yes I'm saving about $100 a month. Screw you big cable.

I don't know what the issue was but I couldn't get the Seattle game on ACCNX last night. I had no problem getting the Colgate game. Matter of fact I could have watched a repeat of the Colgate game last night if I wanted to. FWIW Spectrum is my internet provider.

RE#2. The JG3 era has begun at Syracuse and it is going to be glorious.
This this this.

Will he struggle against better teams? Of course, Will he learn QUICKLY? Yes, he will. This guy is unique. He’s not afraid. He makes turnovers, but he doesn’t hang his head. He is what we have needed for years. He will make Hughes, Buddy, and Marek better. The team will have fun with him as their leader.

We thought we were lucky to get him, and now we know we are lucky!

time warner as greedy as they were always at least had the decency to run the SU games locally. spectrum has ratcheted up the greed factor up a few notches. reason for no radio guessing was the duke game wrap up. i didn't mind listening to our guys finally get to celebrate.

Braswell was lost out there in the minute he got against Colgate and was subsequently DNP'd. He didn't look like he belonged out there. When the Seattle game was all but over, he should have saw the court even if for two minutes.

The excitement is already back! The JG3 era has begun with a bang, and we get 4 years of this! What a treat. The guy clearly put in the work to take the pg position and he got it. Kudos to him and kudos to JB to recognize the difference and act quickly and early. No looking back now.

Generally, when JB puts in a smaller pg he is going with a more aggressive, more offensive, approach - from Pearl to Sherm, GMac, and Flynn. Think that will be the case here. More entertaining product.

My expectations are similar to yours, maybe a touch higher, if Sid can stay healthy.

As an aside, I get all the games. If you've made the move to...I was going to call it paradise but this arctic blast into the 60s is ridiculous...anyway, stay in touch.

I don't know what the issue was but I couldn't get the Seattle game on ACCNX last night. I had no problem getting the Colgate game. Matter of fact I could have watched a repeat of the Colgate game last night if I wanted to. FWIW Spectrum is my internet provider.

It was pretty hard to find the game. I found it after looking about 2 minutes, but my sister looked for probably 15 minutes even with me coaching her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom