A Few Thoughts from Yesterday..... | Syracusefan.com

A Few Thoughts from Yesterday.....

newmexicuse

All Conference
A nice solid win for the team. I loved the balanced scoring from the starting five. I wish we had at least some moderate production - scoring wise - from the bench. It will be hard to expect double digits from each of our starters every game.

My key stat was 7 to 1 - that was Kaleb's assist to To ratio. It appears that he is rapidly learning to protect the ball & 7 the assists show that he has good court vision. In general, I like to see him pullup for that mid-range J, but yesterday, it seemed like he pulled up and was falling back. He needs to work a bit on his form. He has now had two straight double digit scoring games, hopefully he is turning the corner.

G - terrific overall game - he seemed to dominate. He played so well it was actually surprising he didn't score in the 20's.

Rak - not saying his complaints weren't justified, but overall the refs missed calls were not egregious. I think he did himself in more with his attitude than anything else yesterday. He was looking for the superstar treatment. I think that caused him to get frustrated on th D end with a loss of some concentration that lead to the fouls. Still, when he was playing he was dominant. Just can't live with only 23 minutes from him

Cooney - I like that he didn't seem to force much early when things weren't going his way, and he had nice composure in putting together a solid if not spectacular game. Loved his end of the half lay-in.

Roberson - a nice solid 10 & 6 game. He has the form, I just wish he was a tad more consistent with his mid-range J. I hope it happens for him this year, if not, I definitely would expect that shot to be his next season.

The bench - not much scoring, but solid in everything else. I think Chino proved that it should not be the end of the world for us to get Rak a few minutes rest even when he isn't in foul trouble. Patterson brought a bunch of D energy and lead the team in plus/minus. BJ still having trouble getting his act together. He looks lost on the O end out there. He is not shooting or playing with confidence. Who knows what a couple of makes might do for him, but he is in bad need of a positive catalyst.

Jimmy - he seems to be getting the most out of what he has.What more can we ask for ???

did you watch this time or is this from reading the box score again??;)

did you watch this time or is this from reading the box score again??;)
Got to see it - I always watch if the games are available in my area.

All observations were first person thru the boob tube.SUball:rolling::bat::)

I don't think we know much more about Chino than we did last week. BC made no effort to get the ball inside.

I don't think we know much more about Chino than we did last week. BC made no effort to get the ball inside.

I made this point in the "Chino" thread as well. He rebounded, took up space and effected some shots but still looked slow laterally and a half a step behind reacting. That was with no concerted effort by BC to attack the middle. I will say that he looks to have pretty decent hands which down the road could really help. Not any fumbling or bumbling and the ball seemed to stick when ever close. Its just hard to say he's getting the defense better than before with the way BC played. I certainly hold out hope and am optimistic that he can get to the point of stealing 3min in the first half to let Rak rest and a minute before a TV time out in the second half. Other than that I'm not expecting much other than foul hard and stop the shot if you are going to foul.

A nice solid win for the team. I loved the balanced scoring from the starting five. I wish we had at least some moderate production - scoring wise - from the bench. It will be hard to expect double digits from each of our starters every game.

My key stat was 7 to 1 - that was Kaleb's assist to To ratio. It appears that he is rapidly learning to protect the ball & 7 the assists show that he has good court vision. In general, I like to see him pullup for that mid-range J, but yesterday, it seemed like he pulled up and was falling back. He needs to work a bit on his form. He has now had two straight double digit scoring games, hopefully he is turning the corner.

G - terrific overall game - he seemed to dominate. He played so well it was actually surprising he didn't score in the 20's.

Rak - not saying his complaints weren't justified, but overall the refs missed calls were not egregious. I think he did himself in more with his attitude than anything else yesterday. He was looking for the superstar treatment. I think that caused him to get frustrated on th D end with a loss of some concentration that lead to the fouls. Still, when he was playing he was dominant. Just can't live with only 23 minutes from him

Cooney - I like that he didn't seem to force much early when things weren't going his way, and he had nice composure in putting together a solid if not spectacular game. Loved his end of the half lay-in.

Roberson - a nice solid 10 & 6 game. He has the form, I just wish he was a tad more consistent with his mid-range J. I hope it happens for him this year, if not, I definitely would expect that shot to be his next season.

The bench - not much scoring, but solid in everything else. I think Chino proved that it should not be the end of the world for us to get Rak a few minutes rest even when he isn't in foul trouble. Patterson brought a bunch of D energy and lead the team in plus/minus. BJ still having trouble getting his act together. He looks lost on the O end out there. He is not shooting or playing with confidence. Who knows what a couple of makes might do for him, but he is in bad need of a positive catalyst.

Jimmy - he seems to be getting the most out of what he has.What more can we ask for ???

Nice post.