A Few Thoughts... | Syracusefan.com

A Few Thoughts...

newmexicuse

All Conference
1. Team really hasn't played well since the Duke game. It finally caught up with us, though I did not see a loss coming against BC, but truthfully, I did not see us getting past the Duke game undefeated. Unfortunately, that game might be L #2 instead of L #1 now.

2. Forget those ridiculous looking unis. You look silly, you play silly.

3. I along with many others on this forum have been carping for bench development. Things aren't going to get better unless Jimmy figures out the right number of minutes to keep guys fresh. There are two issues with the lack of a bench. The first is the one I just mentioned - you gotta keep the starters fresh. The second really hasn't had much mention, but this team badly needs an O spark off the bench. G has done it a couple of times, but clearly he is not the answer in that regard. I think Roberson could help, but we also need a backcourt bench scoring threat. For the thousandth time, I would like to see some Buss. It may be too late in the season for him to be an answer, but if he had seen the light of day 25 games ago we would know by now if he might help.

4. Cooney - he is almost our only trey threat. It seems every game it is tougher and tougher to find him good looks. Something is broken with our O, originality is needed. How come it seems all of our opponents are able to consistently generate good trey looks and we can't ??

5. Transition game - seems to have disappeared. We don't seem to be able to run as well after TOs as we were earlier in the season. Might go back to the tired leg syndrome.

6. Reffing - we even got the late game break on the dubious call in our favor when it seemed Tyler threw it out of bounds. Even that didn't help.

7. We had our big chance to win in regulation. Tyler made a great pass to Rak who missed a baby hook. Rak boarded well & got himself to the line well - too bad he couldn't make a game winner - it would have been great for his confidence.

8. Credit to BC - they had no quit, conversely I think we got over confident when we went up 13.

9. Rebounding - please explain how they out rebounded us ????

10. Keita - is he still hurting ?? How come he only got a two minute run ??? There were times in the game we could have used his inside D.

As far as 3's go. Fair always looks to drive or go mid-range and Ennis is allergic to shooting open shots.

For some reason we never have any dribble drive kick outs for treys, which other teams do on the regular vs us.

Offenses will look bogged down with one shooter, one passive pg, 2 mid-range guys and a Center. That's awful spacing.

they out rebounded us because we shot 30 something percent. they had a ton of opportunities for defensive rebounds, otherwise we did a decent job on the defensive glass

I'm not sure if Buss will ever play here. He'll be behind Trevor and Mike G until his senior year and I can't see him playing over Malachi. Hope he's OK playing the practice man role - that can be a critical role for a team.

1. Team really hasn't played well since the Duke game. It finally caught up with us, though I did not see a loss coming against BC, but truthfully, I did not see us getting past the Duke game undefeated. Unfortunately, that game might be L #2 instead of L #1 now.

2. Forget those ridiculous looking unis. You look silly, you play silly.

3. I along with many others on this forum have been carping for bench development. Things aren't going to get better unless Jimmy figures out the right number of minutes to keep guys fresh. There are two issues with the lack of a bench. The first is the one I just mentioned - you gotta keep the starters fresh. The second really hasn't had much mention, but this team badly needs an O spark off the bench. G has done it a couple of times, but clearly he is not the answer in that regard. I think Roberson could help, but we also need a backcourt bench scoring threat. For the thousandth time, I would like to see some Buss. It may be too late in the season for him to be an answer, but if he had seen the light of day 25 games ago we would know by now if he might help.

4. Cooney - he is almost our only trey threat. It seems every game it is tougher and tougher to find him good looks. Something is broken with our O, originality is needed. How come it seems all of our opponents are able to consistently generate good trey looks and we can't ??

5. Transition game - seems to have disappeared. We don't seem to be able to run as well after TOs as we were earlier in the season. Might go back to the tired leg syndrome.

6. Reffing - we even got the late game break on the dubious call in our favor when it seemed Tyler threw it out of bounds. Even that didn't help.

7. We had our big chance to win in regulation. Tyler made a great pass to Rak who missed a baby hook. Rak boarded well & got himself to the line well - too bad he couldn't make a game winner - it would have been great for his confidence.

8. Credit to BC - they had no quit, conversely I think we got over confident when we went up 13.

9. Rebounding - please explain how they out rebounded us ????

10. Keita - is he still hurting ?? How come he only got a two minute run ??? There were times in the game we could have used his inside D.
4) we arent making the extra pass the way we were in dec and jan . Bc did last night

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom