A halo for a helmet | Syracusefan.com

A halo for a helmet

billorange44

2nd String
Has anyone else read this book. I would like to know your feelings about this book about Ernie Davis.

Haven’t had time but supposed to be v good.

Yes, I have it. Have you read it? I would like other opinions of this book. It is an easy read, but the more of it I read, the more upset I got.

Sad upset or mad upset? Thanks for posting this thread, BTW. I had no idea this book was out there. Adding it to my vacation reading list.

5 star reviews from Amazon (the link for which won't appear here).

Sad upset or mad upset? Thanks for posting this thread, BTW. I had no idea this book was out there. Adding it to my vacation reading list.
Actually, I am about 3/4 of the way through it. The lady who wrote it is not a writer. So many mistakes in it. I can't believe she let it go to the publisher the way it was written. It was obviously never edited.

Actually, I am about 3/4 of the way through it. The lady who wrote it is not a writer. So many mistakes in it. I can't believe she let it go to the publisher the way it was written. It was obviously never edited.
Wasn’t she a friend or something?

You can tell just by reading the one exerpt online. Definitely needed more eyes on the draft.

You can tell just by reading the one exerpt online. Definitely needed more eyes on the draft.
It looks like she had a hot topic and just went with what she thought was correct. She has no football knowledge and looks like very little knowledge of the Davis story. Many facts she used should have been checked out. This book has self publishing written all over it.

It looks like she had a hot topic and just went with what she thought was correct. She has no football knowledge and looks like very little knowledge of the Davis story. Many facts she used should have been checked out. This book has self publishing written all over it.

I read the book several years ago and remember it was a bit of letdown but I don't recall what bothered me specifically, but this sounds familiar. I also read The Express: The Ernie Davis Story by Robert Gallagher and thought that was really good.

Wow that excerpt...35 years that took!

Wow that excerpt...35 years that took!
The way she wrote never took. Just not a good writer and her facts were well, just not what they should be. Her info was not good. He should give up writing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom