A hole-in-one for one of Syracuse's best fans | Syracusefan.com

A hole-in-one for one of Syracuse's best fans

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Yesterday morning at Fox Fire Golf Course, on the 17th hole, using a 7 iron, Tomcat recorded his second career hole-in-one.

His first came several years ago on the 7th hole at McConnellsville. That one was a blind shot, the one at Fox Fire Tom and the other three guys could see drop in the hole on it's final rotation.

I think it only fitting that he buy everybody at the SU-Duke game on February 1st a round of drinks.

"Come on Tom, you can do it." CO

What's ironic is that one of his steadiest golf partners got a hole-in-one the day before on the 17th hole at Rogue's Roost.

I also had a hole-in-one on a 17th hole back in 2000 at Sunset Ridge.

Yesterday morning at Fox Fire Golf Course, on the 17th hole, using a 7 iron, Tomcat recorded his second career hole-in-one.

His first came several years ago on the 7th hole at McConnellsville. That one was a blind shot, the one at Fox Fire Tom and the other three guys could see drop in the hole on it's final rotation.

I think it only fitting that he buy everybody at the SU-Duke game on February 1st a round of drinks.

What's ironic is that one of his steadiest golf partners got a hole-in-one the day before on the 17th hole at Rogue's Roost.
Scotch - neat. Thanks in advance

I'll buy tomcat's drinks. Congrats.

I too, a Huge SU Hoops fan, recorded my 2nd. Hole in One at Green Lakes on Sunday 8/18/13 on the 181 Yard 16th. with an 8 Iron!!!! I may not post on here ever, but have been a daily reader since the early days!!!!

I too, a Huge SU Hoops fan, recorded my 2nd. Hole in One at Green Lakes on Sunday 8/18/13 on the 181 Yard 16th. with an 8 Iron!!!! I may not post on here ever, but have been a daily reader since the early days!!!!

Dude. 180 yards with an 8 iron? Gotta be downwind and downhill, and if not, ARod be naming you next ... ;)

edit: and congrats to you both :)

Congrats to all you guys. I've played the game long enough to appreciate your achievements and two hole in ones is a big achievement.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

hahaha! you were wearing a green shirt and green hat yesterday. I was teeing off on 17 when we heard your shot rattle the pin, and you guys lost your collective minds. We loved it.

I'm not a golfer but I enjoy watching and getting a hole in one seems nothing short of a miracle to me.

hahaha! you were wearing a green shirt and green hat yesterday. I was teeing off on 17 when we heard your shot rattle the pin, and you guys lost your collective minds. We loved it.
Green shirt and green hat? On a golf course?
:)
evelyn_pritt_2012_nikicio_femme_10858.jpg

Aw, man.

And here I thought this was going to be a continuation of the "Cusetroop and the Pig" story.

But since it's not, I'm glad it's Tomcat.

2 hole in one's? congrats. closest I ever came was a skulled 6 iron on number 2 at radison... missed the 1 footer for birdie
Funny. I did the same thing on the 10th hole at Brooklawn. Wound up within a yard of the hole... and missed the birdie putt.