A legendary uniform to honor a legend... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A legendary uniform to honor a legend...

THAT my orange family is SYRACUSE. If those aren't made permanent it will be a crime. See I was not born in Syracuse. I was born in Pennsylvania where my parents were raised. Where my father became infatuated with Georgetown while he and my mom were living in Philadelphia. We were all moved to Syracuse when he took a job with Crucible Steel in 1978. I was three years old and thank God almighty I met a friend of similar age that had older brothers who loved all things 'Cuse. I and my mom became died in the wool orange fans while my stubborn father remained a Hoya fan. Needless to say it got ugly when basketball season rolled around. All through the 80's the outright brawls on practically a nightly basis that defined The Big East. Vintage Northeast basketball. It was a golden era and created many a memory in our family but NOTHING defined Syracuse like The Pearl. My dad had Ewing and his group of thugs while I had Pearl, Raf, Red, Sonny, Le0, Ronny, The General and many more I could hold my head up high in naming. I could go on and on before things changed and this entity we loved turned into something that eventually none of us recognized. Regardless, my hate for the Hoyas has never ended and the same held true for my dads equal disdain for our beloved Orange. Ours was a love/hate relationship in this rivalry and it was always a blast going back and forth twice a year. Enjoying the game together and looking forward to rooting against each other in the Tournament. All that changed this October when he passed away. I'll miss the fun banter back and forth. The jabs and barbs but what I'll miss most are the good times, the priceless memories of watching Pearl make those hoyas look like grade schoolers chasing him. So many good times we had together, pop. I know you will be watching tomorrow with mom. Please be nice to her should our beloved Orange not live up to our expectations. I'm sure she has at least one more coin to cash in! Let's go Orange!

I'd like this 100 times if I could.

Cz1khXVXcAAa_eV.jpg

Cz1mSO8UsAAEgRN.jpg
Sweet. Let's keep these

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online