A little perspective... | Syracusefan.com

A little perspective...

PeteCalvin

Hall of Fame
Today's game sucked. We all know that. However, DID YOU KNOW?

It took TWO career games and red hot shooting from both the arc AND the free throw line to beat this SU team by 4 POINTS! An SU team that, by the way, shot it's worst 3 point and free throw percentages of the year, and played probably it's WORST defensive game so far.

By no means am I making excuses for the abysmal play our guys put forth today, but let's not get too damn excited and jump to apocalyptic conclusions. We stunk up the joint and Temple played a GREAT game. Yes the refs sucked, but we didn't do ourselves any favors. Can't blame this on the whistles. They are what they are.

Agree. But there were serious flaws out there that Temple exposed.

Agree. But there were serious flaws out there that Temple exposed.

This team is not rebounding like it needs to, nor are they comfortable in the half court offense...yet. They are young and figuring out their roles. It's going to take time. JB got what he wanted today: a wake up call for a team that may have been relying too much on talent and not enough on playing basketball. I hate that we lost, but I'll trade today for an additional weekend in March.

This team is not rebounding like it needs to, nor are they comfortable in the half court offense...yet. They are young and figuring out their roles. It's going to take time. JB got what he wanted today: a wake up call for a team that may have been relying too much on talent and not enough on playing basketball. I hate that we lost, but I'll trade today for an additional weekend in March.

Goodness gracious...a voice of freaking reason. If this were a team of SR's...whole different ball game. Yeah I want to win em all as well, but now we get to see a bit more of JB and how he uses this to coach up.

44cuse

Totally agree. If we played 10 times we win 8, maybe 9. This just happened to be the one Temple played amazing, and Syracuse couldn't have played worse. We had our best ft shooters missing continuously, as well as open looks. The thing that did concern me is we scored 79 points and lost. The way our defense looked so far this season i would have been shocked if someone said we would lose while scoring 79. Have to give it to Dunphy though he coached a great game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom