A Little Rant to Get People Going | Syracusefan.com

A Little Rant to Get People Going

A better shot at college athletics and how colleges have largely lost their sense of mission and purpose.
I wish I had this article to cite when posters were bemoaning a commit with offers from Ivyies and the service academies. SEC/B1G schools are the worst offenders (taxpayer money):

... Rutgers, a state school, is in the process of laying off or furloughing more than 450 academicians, secretaries and maintenance workers. Yet tens of millions continue to be thrown — and lost — at RU’s football team.

Last week, Rutgers launched an online fundraiser. Not for financial relief of students or furloughed and laid-off employees, but for the athletic department.

Last edited:
I wish I had this article to cite when posters were bemoaning a commit with offers from Ivyies and the service academies. SEC/B1G schools are the worst offenders (taxpayer money):

... Rutgers, a state school, is in the process of laying off or furloughing more than 450 academicians, secretaries and maintenance workers. Yet tens of millions continue to be thrown — and lost — at RU’s football team.

Last week, Rutgers launched an online fundraiser. Not for financial relief of students or furloughed and laid-off employees, but for the athletic department.
We have to give some more money to schiano so he can fix that helicopter and get that linebacker and go 4 and 8 in three years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom