A Look Ahead: 2015-16 Storylines | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A Look Ahead: 2015-16 Storylines

The only issue I see with that is McCullough at the 5. He's good in a pinch but could you see him enduring what Rak does for 20-30 minutes a game?
That remains to be seen, depending on what he does this offseason on a D1 weight regiment.

Cusefan0307 said:
With an improved Roberson? Possibly. I'm just going with the assumption one of the freshman (and it's usually a big) will be a token starter and get replaced fairly early in the game to make room for Mali or whatever other high profile player we have coming off the bench.

I think the only token starter we would have is Bryant and that's if he comes. I think that starter role is something of a promise to top flight recruits that come in. I could be wrong but every guy that's had that role was a big time recruit.

I think the only token starter we would have is Bryant and that's if he comes. I think that starter role is something of a promise to top flight recruits that come in. I could be wrong but every guy that's had that role was a big time recruit.

Then again, Bryant might be good enough to avoid being just a token starter. Really excited about this kid's game.

There's just not enough minutes to go around for 9 or 10, and it's expecting every recruit to be a home run.

Next year at guard I'm assuming Joseph, Richardson, and Cooney (throw in G running the point as well) getting the minutes. That doesn't leave much for Howard nor Buss (if he stays)

Center you have Chinoso, Coleman, and Diange (throw in McCullough for minutes as well). One of those guys is going to be an odd man out, if Diange can't figure out the zone in the middle then he'll be regulated to the 4.

At the 3 and 4 you have G, Roberson, McCullough and Diange. Diange isn't going to come in and just take the minutes at the 4. There are two guys in front if him. If he doesn't play the 5 a lot he won't see the floor. As hot and cold as Robeson is I think it's fair to say that McCullough and Roberson have that locked down because I'm sure G and Richardson (assuming he gets minutes at the three) have the minutes there.

I think it's safe to assume that Richardson is the prize out of this class so far, for him to get 15-25 minutes a game he is going to have to do it when Cooney or Joseph are out of the game and G is playing point for Joseph.

I've left out Lydon and Howard because there are just SOOOO many guys in front of them, I've left out BJ as well, if he's not getting run this year he's not going to next year. From the way it breaks down it looks like 7 but could possibly be 8. I've seen JB go 9 one year out of the last 10 (probably longer than that) and that was before big east schedule started.

There are a lot of heads on that bench, remember, and there is plenty of games to be played. When you take into consideration the fact that this is what JB calls one of his best classes of all time, if not the best, WITHOUT Bryant, then you have to assume some of these kids can come in and contribute right away. Even if it's two, there are plenty of players available that would seem to be able to play. Is JB going to be playing 10 guys a night? No. Could he be playing 10 guys in blowout games in ACC play, OOC, first-round Tourney games (lord willin' and the creek don't rise), absolutely. I'd expect Cooney, MG, Kaleb, Roberson, Coleman, McC, Mali, Chino, Buss, and at least 1 other freshman to get time next year, probably Bryant (if available). And to think of the guys that's not including -- BJ, Lydon, Howard, Diagne -- There are a lot of capable players on the roster next year, I'd be shocked if 10 guys don't play in a bunch of games (read: mostly unimportant games) throughout the year.

There are a lot of heads on that bench, remember, and there is plenty of games to be played. When you take into consideration the fact that this is what JB calls one of his best classes of all time, if not the best, WITHOUT Bryant, then you have to assume some of these kids can come in and contribute right away. Even if it's two, there are plenty of players available that would seem to be able to play. Is JB going to be playing 10 guys a night? No. Could he be playing 10 guys in blowout games in ACC play, OOC, first-round Tourney games (lord willin' and the creek don't rise), absolutely. I'd expect Cooney, MG, Kaleb, Roberson, Coleman, McC, Mali, Chino, Buss, and at least 1 other freshman to get time next year, probably Bryant (if available). And to think of the guys that's not including -- BJ, Lydon, Howard, Diagne -- There are a lot of capable players on the roster next year, I'd be shocked if 10 guys don't play in a bunch of games (read: mostly unimportant games) throughout the year.

*cough, still no real backup PG, *cough

I can't see Bryant going to UK. Not if he wants to play. He'll be riding pine there. They already have Labissiere and the foreign kid as definates and are pursuing Diallo, Zimmerman, Rabb and Swanigan along with Bryant. Throw in Maker if he re-classifies, which he is on track to graduate this year. You know they will land at least one of them if not more. Add in the fact that UK will still have Lee and possibly Dakari as well, which all leads me to believe TB won't be a Wildcat.