A mellow JB? | Syracusefan.com

A mellow JB?

SBU72

All Conference
I watched the press conference and I can't remember when JB was so mellow after a lose, especially one that was all but given away in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half. (actually the last 5 in the 1st AND the first 5 in the 2nd. The press seemed to be waiting for him to jump on Joseph for bad defense but it didn't happen. "freshmen mistakes" . "we played well" "Not good enough to win" "We've been playing well for a while now." "Can't remember the last easy game." Comments that haven't been there during the previous pressers.

I watched the press conference and I can't remember when JB was so mellow after a lose, especially one that was all but given away in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half. (actually the last 5 in the 1st AND the first 5 in the 2nd. The press seemed to be waiting for him to jump on Joseph for bad defense but it didn't happen. "freshmen mistakes" . "we played well" "Not good enough to win" "We've been playing well for a while now." "Can't remember the last easy game." Comments that haven't been there during the previous pressers.
Can't remember the last easy game? Was he at the B.C. game?

IMO JB has come to the realization that you can't get water from a stone. This team as constituted has flaws and just isn't that good. There are 3 weeks left to the season and it is what it is. Whipping them more isn't going to change that.

IMO JB has come to the realization that you can't get water from a stone. This team as constituted has flaws and just isn't that good. There are 3 weeks left to the season and it is what it is. Whipping them more isn't going to change that.

I came to that a longgg time ago

this is the first time i remembering seeing this chancellors' official university disclaimer on screen before the broadcast

"The views and opinions expressed on this program are strictly those
of the coaches and media appearing on this program
and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of
either syracuse university nor the board members or staff

VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED:
Some program content on this channel might include strong images and snarky language and may not be suitable for all audiences. please refrain from asking direct questions at your own risk.

Could it possibly have anything to do with the wrist slapping he likely got from the University about his behavior in press conferences?

Could it possibly have anything to do with the wrist slapping he likely got from the University about his behavior in press conferences?
Pure supposition.

He's looking down the barrel of 16-15. Worst record ever. Not fixable in the short term because his team is so flawed, filled with one-dimensional players and no bench. An uncertain future once the other shoe drops from the NCAA. Not the way he wants to go out. Somber resignation is about right.

IMO, Syracuse is now the team we have been beating for the last 30 years: teams that could give us a scare, had a couple of good players who could have moments. But in the end, could be counted on to have the defensive breakdown, turn it over, miss an open look, fail at the foul line -- and we win. That's us now. We are like Seton Hall or Providence from 20 or so years ago. Happened quickly, but NBA defections, injuries and recruits who haven't developed as hoped can do that.

My perspective is as a 40+ year fan; went to the FF my first year as a student in 1975. This is bad and likely to get worse if form holds for the balance of this lost year. But how about that LAX team?!

JB has always had a pretty good sense of what his team needs. Right now, without the NCAAs, brutal schedule, short bench, he knows they need support.

He's looking down the barrel of 16-15. Worst record ever. Not fixable in the short term because his team is so flawed, filled with one-dimensional players and no bench. An uncertain future once the other shoe drops from the NCAA. Not the way he wants to go out. Somber resignation is about right.

IMO, Syracuse is now the team we have been beating for the last 30 years: teams that could give us a scare, had a couple of good players who could have moments. But in the end, could be counted on to have the defensive breakdown, turn it over, miss an open look, fail at the foul line -- and we win. That's us now. We are like Seton Hall or Providence from 20 or so years ago. Happened quickly, but NBA defections, injuries and recruits who haven't developed as hoped can do that.

My perspective is as a 40+ year fan; went to the FF my first year as a student in 1975. This is bad and likely to get worse if form holds for the balance of this lost year. But how about that LAX team?!
wow, that take is about as overboard negative as I've read on here. which is, of course, saying a ton

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom