a new... | Syracusefan.com

a new...

BillSU

All American
offensive origination began today with a complete turnaround for us. Starting late in the first half after being behind we began showing signs of life.. In the second half we looked like we should look every game – lots of energy, driving to the basket where we were fouled and then making our foul shots, crisp passes, getting after and recovering loose balls. Oshae broke out of a slump as did Tyus but one of the biggest contributions was in the person of Paschal Chukwu. 13 rebounds getting the ball off the board to his team, Hughes was very good from the three - nice job overall by everyone. Buddy with some nice looks. Carey out with a hip pointer. We win 82- 52. Nice job! GOSU :) p.s. Jim still thinks we have a long way to go to be what he considers a good basketball team.

Last edited:
Let's not get too carried away. Arkansas St. stinks. I too was happy with the energy and turnaround in the second half and was glad to see a more up tempo game but ACC play is coming up soon and we will see how we fare against much better teams.

Let's not get too carried away. Arkansas St. stinks. I too was happy with the energy and turnaround in the second half and was glad to see a more up tempo game but ACC play is coming up soon and we will see how we fare against much better teams.

Agreed. Tough to gauge performance with such a weak opponent. But hopefully this gives us confidence heading into Bonnies.

My takeaway is that they did things today they haven't done lately. Things that they have control over and can do against anyone on our schedule. Whether it translates into points and a win will depend on the other team but the behaviors Were very encouraging.

Yep. Glad they turned it around from the start but Ark St. stinks. Very little resistance defensively despite having some quickness. Good game from Chukwu. This won’t tell us much I fear.
Totally onboard with your post but the one up side I see is they finally returned to hitting free throws.. Maybe it was the strange one Chewy hit that went in but from there on the whole team turned it around. Still not sure what happened to Dolezaj and Sidibie but Chewy finally stepped up. Buddy is way to slow on defense and we need Carey to get some more time on the floor to help when we start the ACC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom