a question for the recruitniks | Syracusefan.com

a question for the recruitniks

orangehomer

All American
when we wasted the scholarships on white, gillon, and Thorpe, were there any freshman we were in the mix with? if my math is right freshman from those seasons would be juniors and seniors. had we taken a shot on 3 project big men and one of them turned out, this would be a completely different team. instead we are getting dominated inside by a bad notre dame team. just wondering.

You have tried this nonsense before. White and Gillon saved our @ss that season. Just stop. I will sign up right now for a grad center that can get rebounds.
they got us to an NIT, yay

you would rather have had a losing season? We won some nice games that year, including Duke. Don't double down on wrong. As I recall, you wanted the kid that couldn't play at Creighton over Gillon. SMH
an NIT season with heavy minutes from grad transfers is a losing season, come on man. and yes, I would rather play the developmental kid that our staff actually recruited than a grad transfer in an NIT season.

an NIT season with heavy minutes from grad transfers is a losing season, come on man. and yes, I would rather play the developmental kid that our staff actually recruited than a grad transfer in an NIT season.
No a losing season is when you lose more games than you win. These kids were all taken late and did not impact us signing some kid that could really help us or would be helping us now. The problem with rolling the dice on some project kid is he takes a scholarship for 4 years and if he doesn't ever develop he causes all sorts of issues with roster balance and how many pg's you can go after or wings. This is why kids like Sidebe (not to pick on him) are such big risks. Program 5's that can't score and are rated in the 200-250 range. Sometimes they show up to campus and it goes like Edwards and they look like there is long term potential. Other times they have stone hands and can't play impactful minutes

No a losing season is when you lose more games than you win. These kids were all taken late and did not impact us signing some kid that could really help us or would be helping us now. The problem with rolling the dice on some project kid is he takes a scholarship for 4 years and if he doesn't ever develop he causes all sorts of issues with roster balance and how many pg's you can go after or wings. This is why kids like Sidebe (not to pick on him) are such big risks. Program 5's that can't score and are rated in the 200-250 range. Sometimes they show up to campus and it goes like Edwards and they look like there is long term potential. Other times they have stone hands and can't play impactful minutes
this is revisionist nonsense. it is absolutely clear that JB took grad transfers because he thought his time was up, and thought grads helped him more than developmental players. now we are paying the price double, we stunk with the grad transfers and we stink now because we are missing the upperclassmen.

this is revisionist nonsense. it is absolutely clear that JB took grad transfers because he thought his time was up, and thought grads helped him more than developmental players. now we are paying the price double, we stunk with the grad transfers and we stink now because we are missing the upperclassmen.
The only revisionist nonsense is what you’ve posted here.

You have tried this nonsense before. White and Gillon saved our @ss that season. Just stop. I will sign up right now for a grad center that can get rebounds.
I totally agree a big man that can rebound and block shots and we got 3/4 more wins!!

you would rather have had a losing season? We won some nice games that year, including Duke. Don't double down on wrong. As I recall, you wanted the kid that couldn't play at Creighton over Gillon. SMH
I agree with your post but Creighton is vastly superior to SU now, and for the last few years. We are middling. We are Willie Mays with the Mets.

I agree with your post but Creighton is vastly superior to SU now, and for the last few years. We are middling. We are Willie Mays with the Mets.
LOL No they aren't. They missed the tournament last year. In '17 and '18 they were one and done. In 15 and 16, they missed the tournament. In 14 they actually won a game. Lost the next one though. Since 1975, they haven't won more than one game in the NCAA tournament. throw out the two final fours in the last 6 years, the year we won 3 games would have been historic for the Blue Jays. What year was the coach's son there? They didn't even win in the tournament then. To recap, they haven't won a tournament game since 2014. and they have passed us?

If Chewy was back we would have 3 more wins.
I miss the guy. Thought the SU program maximized his talent, too.

we took them after recruiting was over for that season.

Sorry dude you are being stupid.

I hate what I am about to post but that NIT team deserved to make the NCAA tournament more than the Final Four team the year prior and the Sweet 16 the year after. I feel dirty posting that these last few years have sucked and this year sucks apart from maybe UCLA I don't think there is a big name program underachieving right now worse than us.

Last years team was the only one in the previous 4 years that was in comfortably but we suspended our best player for something no other school suspends a player for an NCAA tournament game for.

So does cusefaninvt in his own way
I liked his blocks, the way he changed shots, and his improved ft shooting as he went along. I was most impressed at all the minutes he logged without fouling out when Sid couldn't play and there really wasn't any other option.
VT definitely had many valid concerns.

Edit- and rebounding!

With Chewy our team is exponentially better. He is a much bigger loss than anyone including Battle because we have not been able to replace him. Miss the big guy.

LOL No they aren't. They missed the tournament last year. In '17 and '18 they were one and done. In 15 and 16, they missed the tournament. In 14 they actually won a game. Lost the next one though. Since 1975, they haven't won more than one game in the NCAA tournament. throw out the two final fours in the last 6 years, the year we won 3 games would have been historic for the Blue Jays. What year was the coach's son there? They didn't even win in the tournament then. To recap, they haven't won a tournament game since 2014. and they have passed us?
you didn't answer the question, could we be better right now if we took a developmental player or more instead of wasting scholarships on white, gillon and Thorpe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom