a question for the recruitniks | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

a question for the recruitniks

you didn't answer the question, could we be better right now if we took a developmental player or more instead of wasting scholarships on white, gillon and Thorpe?
1- That is the ultimate hindsite question.
2- That season we wouldn’t have even sniffed the bubble without the play of white (and lesser extent but also very important, gillon). White literally hero balled us to wins. That team was seriously flAwed primarily on d but white balled and played 40+ like 10 straight games. Would we be better right NOW? Who knows. Simple math says yeah there could be another player on the team that obviously isn’t here now.
3- dasher is spot on... you started a thread saying “I am done with grad transfers”. I remember it fondly because it was just ridiculous.

That was a pretty good team that just never got the grasp of the 2-3 zone until it was too late in the year to recover. Hard to remember but I think we had an atrocious OOC and played pretty well in conference.

Chukwu took a lot of heat, and I think he deserved most of it, but there's no doubt he was a vastly better player than Bourama the Brittle Bumbler Sidibe

you didn't answer the question, could we be better right now if we took a developmental player or more instead of wasting scholarships on white, gillon and Thorpe?
Could we is a very broad question. Would we. No. Your original theme was that we should have kept Joseph over Gillon. That would be funny if it just wasn't so wrong. I would give anything for a grad transfer center who could make a lay up and get a rebound. We could have won the last two games.

Joseph couldn't even get off the bench at Creighton. He just wasn't good. He was a Hop handpicked top 50ish recruit too.

Sorry dude you are being stupid.

I hate what I am about to post but that NIT team deserved to make the NCAA tournament more than the Final Four team the year prior and the Sweet 16 the year after. I feel dirty posting that these last few years have sucked and this year sucks apart from maybe UCLA I don't think there is a big name program underachieving right now worse than us.

Last years team was the only one in the previous 4 years that was in comfortably but we suspended our best player for something no other school suspends a player for an NCAA tournament game for.
Other schools don’t suspend players for failing drug tests?

Joseph couldn't even get off the bench at Creighton. He just wasn't good. He was a Hop handpicked top 50ish recruit too.

And Tristan Thompson can't contribute at Seton hall. Maybe this is a we problem.

Last years team was the only one in the previous 4 years that was in comfortably but we suspended our best player for something no other school suspends a player for an NCAA tournament game for.
Wait, are you actually saying that Frank was our best player last year? I see your screen name & all but that’s beyond delusional.

In fact, I only called it a screen name because I just didn’t feel comfortable using the word “handle” while discussing Frank. :cool:

Last edited:
I'd like to know what it was that caused people to consider him a top-50 player because he wasn't physically mature to play as freshman on a P5 team. So some skills? But he wasn't a great ball handler or a shooter. I'll have to go back and read his recruiting thread. It wasn't just SU who misjudged him, but whatever was blowing people away seems to have been smoke and mirrors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom