A really crappy day of hoops | Syracusefan.com

A really crappy day of hoops

PoppyHart

All American
Friday of Championship Week is often the best day of the week imo.

Marq-UCONN was the only interesting P6 game.

The day games were pretty good in the B10. Only caught bits and pieces in the background after already being unproductive with all Red's pressers.

This dude can stay in the SEC...perfect fit.
I've adopted Anthony Black as my new favorite non-Cuse player, so I watched a lot of this game. The 2nd half was rough. A lot of players beat up. I'm ambivalent about Mussleman but he's got some good players.

#10 seed Penn State over #2 Northwestern. Go Micah Shrewberry and Jalen Pickett. Pickett is a perfect portal kid that could have helped the Cuse. Somewhere there is a thread where I mentioned how he would have been perfect. Local kid from Rochester. Under recruited so he went to Siena. There are kids like this in the portal. Now he's a star.

It’s even worse when duke wins and we are no where near competing in this league…

Size is everything in these conference tournaments...and then it somehow becomes irrelevant a week later in the Big Dance.
I remember early in the season people were posting about how bad they were , and now they look like a very tough out. Filipowski is ridiculous, can't believe it's the same team.
Its shocking that hes projected to go somewhere in the late 20s. Should give Mintz all the pause he needs about leaving early.

Scheyer has done a wonderful job with this Duke team. Very unselfish with great spacing. Their size inside basically shuts down teams inside game. People who were criticizing his coaching are being really quiet now. They are going to be a tough out in the tournament.

I remember early in the season people were posting about how bad they were , and now they look like a very tough out. Filipowski is ridiculous, can't believe it's the same team.
How close were we to getting Filipowski? His size at forward, inside and outside game would have been huge and a big difference maker for us. Definitely shows what a skilled 5 star player offers right out the gate. I'm hopeful that we can now start winning some of these recruiting battles with Red's promise to be versatile.

Scheyer has done a wonderful job with this Duke team. Very unselfish with great spacing. Their size inside basically shuts down teams inside game. People who were criticizing his coaching are being really quiet now. They are going to be a tough out in the tournament.
Their better coached this year than they were in Ks last few years

Texas was quite impressive last night. As was Marquette. Not the same brand as Duke, but great performances.

I hear you, Poppy -- and somewhat echo that sentiment. There's nothing worse than losing early, and not being in contention for postseason continuation of the season.

But on the other hand, I feel really optimistic about the future. It is kind of fun to have the possibility of a brand new program / approach to look forward to. Really looking forward to seeing what Red and the assistant coaches can do this off season.

#10 seed Penn State over #2 Northwestern. Go Micah Shrewberry and Jalen Pickett. Pickett is a perfect portal kid that could have helped the Cuse. Somewhere there is a thread where I mentioned how he would have been perfect. Local kid from Rochester. Under recruited so he went to Siena. There are kids like this in the portal. Now he's a star.
I was adamant we should pursue Pickett out of Siena at the time.

It’s even worse when duke wins and we are no where near competing in this league…
Well…as disappointing as the season was, finishing 8th isn’t “failing to compete.”

Wish we had that Filipowski dude. He would have gone great with Jesse. Or anyone.
We would probably have 5-6 more wins and be a decent team.

How close were we to getting Filipowski? His size at forward, inside and outside game would have been huge and a big difference maker for us. Definitely shows what a skilled 5 star player offers right out the gate. I'm hopeful that we can now start winning some of these recruiting battles with Red's promise to be versatile.
I’m totally ignorant here but 80s JB might have got him. Recent one no shot.

I’m bullish on the program of Autry gets a couple big adds where we clearly need it (or to put it another way don’t make us dependent on Williams) keeps Mintz and Edwards and wins a game or two in Hawaii.

I'm hopeful and a great start was Coaches Red, Griffin and McNamara at the Stepinac/Hayes game today. Because we've got Moore doesn't mean you ease off as you still need to let the kids know you are engaged and still following them. Also a great chance to let Fland know that we are still highly interested in him and get the word out to all the coaches, handlers etc at this big CHSAA championship that the new regime will be different and not rely on the zone defense which has hindered our recruiting efforts.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom