a reminder lest we forget | Syracusefan.com

a reminder lest we forget

B

BillSU

A reminder….lest we forget

August 16-17 begins the North Carolina administration, its football coach Fedora, its basketball coach Roy Williams and others including the chancellor appearing in front in front of the NCAA’s committee on infractions. I am taking the optimistic point of view expecting they will get their asses handed to them. Hopefully we will find out sooner than later after this week.

By Andrew Carter
acarter@newsobserver.com

August 09, 2017 12:09 PM

CHAPEL HILL

One week from Wednesday, North Carolina football coach Larry Fedora will be in Nashville, Tenn., to appear at UNC’s long-awaited hearing with the NCAA Committee on Infractions. It is not a trip, necessarily, that Fedora wanted to make during the middle of his team’s preseason.

“I knew it was a possibility,” he said recently. “You can look at every case across the country, and whoever’s in charge of football, whoever’s in charge of basketball – you know, they’re always there. I had a feeling. I was hoping it wouldn’t, but that’s just the way it happened.”

The university’s appearance before the infractions committee is essentially its trial date after a three-year NCAA investigation into how suspect African Studies courses benefited athletes, notably men’s basketball and football players, between 2002 and 2011.

The NC student body and fans are about to be shocked.

The ncaa has no choice. If they allow the Heels to skate all the big money earning teams will copy their bogus class formula and the façade of student athlete will fall. This is not to say that they will not apologize to the Heels as they sanction them.

The ncaa has no choice. If they allow the Heels to skate all the big money earning teams will copy their bogus class formula and the façade of student athlete will fall. This is not to say that they will not apologize to the Heels as they sanction them.
In a related story, the NCAA will pay for Paterno's statue to be put back up.

NCAA will let them skate, then clarify the rule about bogus classes, to be applied to any such cases in the future.

...and take another 100 wins away from JB.

I keep reading this but trying to find precedent to where the NCAA has taken wins from Jb from other schools improprieties.

The only question remaining is how the NCAA will justify allowing UNC to get out of this. Capt Tuttle's suggestion makes sense. I also think they might flat out ignore the fake classes - the charges do not focus on that and the NCAA doesn't want to investigate every school that does that. The chair of the infractions committee is from the SEC, he doesn't want to ruin their good time at the expense of a basketball program. Nothing to see here, move along.

I keep reading this but trying to find precedent to where the NCAA has taken wins from Jb from other schools improprieties.

And they will include Syracuse in a list of schools receiving scholarship reductions beside UNC.

P.S. It will not be his ring they will be kissing.

No. It's just ridiculous hearing that over and over and over.

Sorry...just skip over it next time. Didn't mean to ruin your entire day curled up in a blanket sobbing.