a silver lining to rutgers in the b1g | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

a silver lining to rutgers in the b1g

storz and army are Yankee Stadium-esque opponents for nov.

ND is a Giants Stadium-esque opponent.

yeah, i guess the b1g 5 (M, osu, psu, neb and wisc) will likely be playing Giants Stadium anyway v rutgers, so that kind of takes them off the table for SU.

that definetly puts some handcuffs on. we now need to look at texas & tenn, and i know florida could sell it, but do they want to?

maybe there is no silver lining.:noidea:

swofford shouldve offered rutgers when he had the chance. :bang::bang::bang:

Oh Lord

I don't think it takes the big 5 off the table. Maybe a couple of them. But whoever isn't in Rutgers division likely only gets an away game against Rutgers every 6 years. They might want to stop by more frequently. Plus if they can get a non conference opponent in a BCS league, and not have to go to their home stadium, rather play in a neutral site where they can pack them in, then why not?

Even those in Rutgers division only get to play in NYC every 2 years, so maybe on the off year...

I don't think it takes MetLife off the table for SU and any of the Big 10 heavyweights.

Metlife scheduling if there will be a much larger inventory of games would seem to be the more challenging part.

They'll be losing, a lot, at everything. And playing the 11AM game on the B1G network more often than not.

At some point, kids want to win, and win in front of their family. A lot easier to go after a kid in the mid-Atlantic with all the car trips to most games as opposed to RU and UMD playing so many of their games in another timezone.

agree completely. rutgirls in the b10 helps the recruiting of the other b10 teams and hurts rutgirls.

I read somewhere shortly after the new Yankee Stadium opened, that the Yankees are more than willing to make their stadium available for football games but only after the primary tenant has finished its season.
as soon as the Yankees are done, they set it up for football. they play City HS games and the titles are there and theyve had army or nd or whoever in addition to the Pinstripe.

i think its a $$ maker for all. the sponsers and other events are being prominently displayed and mentioned.

theyre open air Stadiums with a bunch of vendors making minimum wage and commission on what they sell. security cant be too much and its only for a few hours.

the normally empty bars around Yankee are happy and at Giants they jack you for another $20 or so to park.

i think its a winner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom