who steps up

• grant

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • TC

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

kcsu

Living Legend
I think that JG is going to have a huge game today. I also believe that DC is close to a break out game and this might be the one. TC im not feeling it but who knows maybe he steps up. look for Grant to have 14 points and 8 bounds

Almost. Deing is going to eat our lunch and vault into AA & lottery pick conversations

Hope you're right. I'm in on Grant but I'm guessing Louisville is too quick for DC to be effective.

Almost. Deing is going to eat our lunch and vault into AA & lottery pick conversations
I dont think so. I believe between our three bigs we can handle him. I see K having a good game against him would love to see the christmas tree step up as well

I dont think so. I believe between our three bigs we can handle him. I see K having a good game against him would love to see the christmas tree step up as well
unless their two bigs are really hurt, we are in big trouble today.

I also think grant is going to have a big game. This kid doesn't get rattled and is just oozing with ability . I'm expecting a good effort from him today

The key to todays game is Rak.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

H
The key to todays game is Rak.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

He's important but IMO guard play is more critical. Our guards can't turn the ball over and can't shoot 30% if they are to win this.

If MCW handles the press well he can have a big assist day and Cuse wins if not could be a ling day.

Deing by himself is better than all 3 of our bigs combined.

Watch how many fouls SU will have on them. Hope UL bigs can't shoot FTs.

They just previewed Syracuse/Louisville on College First Take with Seth Greenberg and Andy Katz. Greenberg specifically named Jerami Grant as a difference maker. Katz brought up Cooney and Greenberg was pretty funny saying "Ehhh Trevor, yea I dont know, everyone says he's a great shooter but he never makes shots". Lol.

Behanan and Deing are top shelf College talent. They shine today.

Let's not get too high on Grant. I love what I've seen so far and he's proven himself in limited play, but we're setting ourselves up for disappointment. He is only a Frosh.

I'm not too worried about Dieng's offense. Last year we allowed him to catch the ball at the FT line and he couldn't do anything with it, so I'd like to go with that strategy again. I'd also like Coleman to tackle him every time he has an easy look from in close. I expect Coleman to foul out of this one in order for us to win.

Dieng's defense is another story. We have to either attack him really early and get into his body for some foul calls or just avoid him like the plague. Coleman better not put a shot up around Dieng unless he's on his back.

The two L'ville players I'm most worried about are Smith and Behanan. Behanan ripped us up last year and Smith could go off from 3 at any point. We really have to get out on Smith and deny the ball with Behanan and trap when he does get it.

The one thing that gives me hope above all else this year is our rebounding. We are a much better rebounding team than we've been in any recent years and that's usually how L'ville beats us. They chuck up bricks from long range so they can all crash the boards and end up with easy putbacks. That won't be as effective this year, especially with two guards on the floor who can rebound in Triche and MCW. They both have to seriously watch their turnovers, though. MCW can't do any more of that laxidasical dribbling crap and Triche has to catch the darn ball and avoid slipping when it's totally unforced.

Remember last year? Give Dieng the 11-footer, keep him away from the basket. Worked last year.

Remember last year? Give Dieng the 11-footer, keep him away from the basket. Worked last year.

Sure did. I gotta imagine Pitino has someone else flash to the free throw line. Or has given him the red light on that shot.

I think that JG is going to have a huge game today. I also believe that DC is close to a break out game and this might be the one. TC im not feeling it but who knows maybe he steps up. look for Grant to have 14 points and 8 bounds

I think grant will have a big game... unfortunately i think DC will break a record for most shot attempts blocked in a single game. Is that even a stat? He may make it 1 soon.

There should be 'blocked shots' and 'shots blocked' stats.

go to DC early and often . . . his best offensive skill at this early point in his career is drawing fouls. Get a couple of early ones on Dieng and the game swings in our favor. who cares whether he converts the FTs or not.

We win if Pitino brings Kenny in to do the pre game 'Pep' talk. Kenny could be our secret weapon.

They just previewed Syracuse/Louisville on College First Take with Seth Greenberg and Andy Katz. Greenberg specifically named Jerami Grant as a difference maker. Katz brought up Cooney and Greenberg was pretty funny saying "Ehhh Trevor, yea I dont know, everyone says he's a great shooter but he never makes shots". Lol.
That's why he is in the booth and not coaching.
That said, IMO, no one on this SU team will see a 2nd NBA contract.
Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Not even MCW?

Maybe you ought to go back to bed.

MCW, and Grant will have nice long careers. Rak may get a sniff here and there if he makes the right decision and stays in school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom