A Win Is A Win...But.. | Syracusefan.com

A Win Is A Win...But..

Syracuse44

Walk On
There is PLENTY to work on for Doug Marrone and staff. That first half was absolutely atrocious. Line play was awful, both offensively and defensively for the vast majority of this game, and the secondary was challenged and gave up WAY too many third down conversions. That being said..1-0 feels pretty damn good to me!!

No question--lots of things need work.

BUT--and I'm not suggesting in any way, shape or form that we're where we need to be--there was marked improvement on both sides of the ball in the second half--especially the offense. Hope this is a sign of things to come; we looked inept in the first half.

Marrone coached his arse off in 2nd half

was impressive

Ant Bailey had a great 2nd half and finished with 118 yards. Disappointed he coughed it up. DC3 spoiled us by being a workhorse that would not be stripped! Here's hoping Ant works on that with the staff.

At season's end, if things go as planned, the details of this W will be a blip on the screen. If it had been a loss however.....

They have 9 more days to iron stuff out and I think we're going to see some severe ups and downs due to a lot of inexperienced players. I think we have to be patient and remember this.

There is PLENTY to work on for Doug Marrone and staff. That first half was absolutely atrocious. Line play was awful, both offensively and defensively for the vast majority of this game, and the secondary was challenged and gave up WAY too many third down conversions. That being said..1-0 feels pretty damn good to me!!

Like Coach Mac used to say:

"We're 1-0. Can't be any better than that. That's 1 down and 1 to go. Now we've got Rhode Island coming in here in 10 days and a lot of people will tell you it won't be much of a game. But let me say this about that. That Rhode Island QB is a great kid. He comes from a great family and if anyone thinks he'll just come in here and roll over..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom