A win is a win. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A win is a win.

I've NEVER seen anything like that down the stretch.

You must have missed the March 4, 1982 SU game against Boston College in the first round of the Big East Tournament.

That's all fine and dandy but it is looking more and more that these types of endings of games is reality. We crumble under pressure and were fortunate to escape today. If you want to play the what ifs game then how about what if VA Tech's suspended player played? What if they made a couple more of the wide open 1H looks they had? What is clearly reality now is that SU crumbles with big leads. They become turnover prone, lose composure, can't hit free throws, and can't the proper players the ball to shoot the FTs.
The up shot is that we can get leads that crumble. The way we fall apart is definitely an issue, but it's a better problem to have than some can be. The question is if the team can learn to make the right plays at the end before the season slips away from us.

I've NEVER seen anything like that down the stretch.

I guess you never saw the BC game or the Michigan State game.

This your first season watching college hoops?

I don't see anyone commenting on how when we lost the lead down to 2 points the team responded to build the lead back up to 10 or 12 points. It was at that point we crapped our pants at the free throw line. Make free throws and we all feel better about this game. Yes, their would have been negatives to still point out in the second half but would have won comfortably.

Was it a pretty win? Nope. Can the team take something away from this other than a win? Yes. Games like this one can be a good learning experience for a bunch of young kids. I Would rather they face such adversities and have the chance to grow from them at this point in the season than have to first experience it in the conference tourney or big dance.

Its not worth trying to get people to see your perspective on this team with any hypothetical scenarios. This SU team could have won, playing a perfect game, shooting 100% from 2PT, 3PT and FT, blocked 15 shots and held the other team to 0% FG for the entire game and all our players, walk-ons included, got 25 min in the game. And you know what? There would be posts about how our uniforms suck (see the Football board), how we only play zone, or something else that is wrong with SU Basketball.

For what its worth, the team we saw today is just what they were today. They'll either improve, which I believe the trajectory is, or they won't. Its not the end product and it we can't judge this team until the final game of our season, at which point we can second-guess everything about SU Basketball. I'm pretty darn pleased with Roberson's play, Patterson holding his own for the most part, Cooney playing the leader and the remarkable consistency of Rak. There is plenty of ceiling for this team and I'm excited to see how they develop. So while this team is not the best team in the ACC, there is potential and I'd like to see how far they go.

At least that's why I watch SU Basketball.
Stop making so much damn sense...
cotton.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom