Aaron Hackett, Mikel Jones and Eric Coley Press Conference | Sept 1 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Aaron Hackett, Mikel Jones and Eric Coley Press Conference | Sept 1

So some light speculation: Abdul Adams and Jarveon Howard have opted out. OG is a trouble spot which suggests Dakota Davis is going to be out one more month and even if Bleich gets the waiver he's probably still hurt too?

other than the 2 solid opt outs I don’t see any others opting out before game 1 .
Our whole key is stay healthy of course
And have our 2 guards play well until we heal up around mid season and others return
That’s pretty much what is going to make or break us . Oh and of course any virus positives on the team during the season .
Nailed it!

Im incredibly excited for this defense. There will undoubtedly be growing pains but I love the personnel

I think players like Trill, Coley, Cantin Arku, Linton and Richards will excel in it.

we finally have linebackers who can drop back in coverage, and have the speed/size to shoot gaps or threaten the corner.

Im incredibly excited for this defense. There will undoubtedly be growing pains but I love the personnel

I think players like Trill, Coley, Cantin Arku, Linton and Richards will excel in it.

we finally have linebackers who can drop back in coverage, and have the speed/size to shoot gaps or threaten the corner.
I agree with everything except I think with the 5DBs, we will see limited coverage responsibilities for the LBs and bringing 5-6 guys (including a spy for QB scrambles) most downs.

chaos is what I’m hoping for

I think people are going to be shocked -- absolutely shocked -- by Cantin Arku. He's going to give everyone who complains about camp offers / star ratings only pause.

I agree with everything except I think with the 5DBs, we will see limited coverage responsibilities for the LBs and bringing 5-6 guys (including a spy for QB scrambles) most downs.

chaos is what I’m hoping for
Don’t disagree with that really, just excited that Richards and Jones have each displayed coverage/pass defense skills during their experience, and Geoff arguably looked just as impressive at safety in his tape as he did at LB.

Really bodes well for tightening up the middle. Hoping it improves our secondary’s ability to Protect the outside. That was the most painful part of the Maryland game for me.

I’m no football coach or student of the game, just thinking out loud.

I think people are going to be shocked -- absolutely shocked -- by Cantin Arku. He's going to give everyone who complains about camp offers / star ratings only pause.
I have been super high on him. Very high upside...

yeah that and watching him just destroy people on kickoffs and then hitting them again when they're down. Kid is mean and nasty. Pefect MLB.
It’ll be a nice change as a Syracuse fan Potentially watching linebackers wear out the opposing running back instead of the other way around

Thought Cantin-Arku was the most physically talented LB in his class and that was a class w/ 2 four-star LB's. Richards is also a freak athletically. Between these 2, Bergeron, and now Labrosse and Alford, Canada has been very good to us. Need to continue to hit there hard and when these guys take off, should be able to help those efforts even more.

What I am really excited is that the freshman that played last year more than four games get their redshirt year back because of the rule change this year. Even though they may not stay five years they now have the option which will finally give the team an opportunity to add depth.