Absolutely loved Marek today | Syracusefan.com

Absolutely loved Marek today

Eric15

Living Legend
He scored 11 points on a very efficient 5-7 shooting along with 11 boards.

Yes, he may look like and have the muscle mass of a young Bridgette Nielsen, but he used his strength so effectively today. That final bucket when he absorbed a ton of contact was the difference between winning and losing.

Let's get him the ball on the low block way more than we currently do.

Last edited:
He scored 11 points on a very efficient 5-7 shooting.

Yes, he may look like and have the muscle mass of a young Bridgette Nielsen, but he used his strength so effectively today. That final bucket when he absorbed a ton of contact was the difference between winning and losing.

Yup. That tough bucket where he used his body and willed his way into a bucket are the kinds of hoops that have sorely been missing from our arsenal in recent years. Quincy has shown some promise in this regard too. I don’t care how good your shooters are and how 3 point shot heavy the game gets, you’ve gotta have guys who finish around the rim too.

He scored 11 points on a very efficient 5-7 shooting along with 11 boards.

Solid

3512666dolemite-1.gif

Marek is finally coming into his own. I think we saw glimpses of what he could do last year.

Now, JB has told him to be more aggressive in taking his shots. He's much too good of a player to just be an effective passer and playmaker.

He channeled his inner Pau Gasol today. The offense has found something posting up Marek and Hughes. Overall the half court offense has been ages better in this win streak and it had been something we can actually sustain vs just an anomaly. The next evolution is to be a little better giving Marek an open shooter on his side to kick it. He keeps this up and teams will double that too which is even better.

His work on the block has been a game changer for us offensively. JB’s best offenses always work inside-out.

If he keeps progressing and is willing to stay for his senior year he has a shot being a first team all ACC guy and getting drafted or at least a two-way contract. Just needs to add consistency again from 3.

Yeah, he can be a legitimate post threat. We need to look for that.

If Marek had more of a gunner mentality I think he could be an 18 ppg guy. I know that sounds crazy.
What happened to his 3 pt shot. He shot 37% last year. Orange tinted fans talked of him being inthe rotation at the 3.

He took them situationally last season, and this season with the guys we have on the floor that's not a situation he finds himself in.
JB has indicated that he''s not shooting the three well in practice. My guess is he'll end up hitting a few critical threes before the season is out as teams lay off him, but it's more important that he's learning how to stay on the court and has been more aggressively looking for his shot from inside fifteen feet in recent games.

It’s been more than just today

We’ve played a lot of games recently with no size teams ... however credit to him for pushing his advantage

I’m more impressed by him grabbing the rebound and pushing the ball up the court like nobody we’ve had , including guards , since waiters

He has nice post moves, a good midrange game, unbelievable handle for 6-10 and a scrapper on the boards. If he only had weight and bulk, he would be all ACC at least