Absolutely loved Marek today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Absolutely loved Marek today

He still could use some weight. Would help a lot, imo.

Yeah today we saw what could have been if he added 20 pounds. Promising game from QG.

That said it’s kind of weird how close the game was at the end given how well we played. I guess they are just a bad matchup BC the first game we should have blown VT out of the water but went ice cold mid second half.

Yeah today we saw what could have been if he added 20 pounds. Promising game from QG.

That said it’s kind of weird how close the game was at the end given how well we played. I guess they are just a bad matchup BC the first game we should have blown VT out of the water but went ice cold mid second half.
They took 37 threes and made over 40% of them. Risky to sit back in the zone as they’re raining shots from deep. But that last shot for them to win it could not have been what their coach drew up, they couldn’t execute when it counted most

He has nice post moves, a good midrange game, unbelievable handle for 6-10 and a scrapper on the boards. If he only had weight and bulk, he would be all ACC at least
I forgot to mention maybe the best aspect of his game, passing. He is an awesome passer and distributor of the basketball.

European basketball players have a reputation for being prissy babies, who like to stay around the perimeter and shoot 3s, avoiding the paint and physical work as much as possible.

But perhaps our two toughest, grittiest players have come from Europe. Kristof and Marek have both been a joy to watch watch. Despite having completely different skill sets and body types, both play extremely hard, are super competitive and will do anything they can to help the team win.

I am going to miss Marek when he is gone. He has been playing the best basketball of his career recently. He really has transformed his game, focusing now on becoming an inside player during the season. One of our best ball handing and passing forwards ever, the thing I liked best about his game yesterday was his ability to play 40 minutes and foul the foolish fouls that have strangely plagued this otherwise very smart player his entire career. I hope that he has turned a corner and will be able to avoid foul trouble better the rest of the season.

I think if you analyze it, you will find a lot of our losses are closely tied to Marek getting in foul trouble and being on the bench. We need to find a way for him to get 35-40 minutes a game. We are not the same team with him on the bench.

European basketball players have a reputation for being prissy babies, who like to stay around the perimeter and shoot 3s, avoiding the paint and physical work as much as possible.

But perhaps our two toughest, grittiest players have come from Europe. Kristof and Marek have both been a joy to watch watch. Despite having completely different skill sets and body types, both play extremely hard, are super competitive and will do anything they can to help the team win.

I am going to miss Marek when he is gone. He has been playing the best basketball of his career recently. He really has transformed his game, focusing now on becoming an inside player during the season. One of our best ball handing and passing forwards ever, the thing I liked best about his game yesterday was his ability to play 40 minutes and foul the foolish fouls that have strangely plagued this otherwise very smart player his entire career. I hope that he has turned a corner and will be able to avoid foul trouble better the rest of the season.

I think if you analyze it, you will find a lot of our losses are closely tied to Marek getting in foul trouble and being on the bench. We need to find a way for him to get 35-40 minutes a game. We are not the same team with him on the bench.
Couldn't agree more. I would also like to see JB isolate him down low. As more teams push out on our shooters it presents an isolation opportunity for Marek in the paint. I hope he sticks around for another year as to your point it is all coming together for him.

He is somehow now averaging over 34 minutes per game (and rising), something I never thought possible with his propensity to commit silly fouls. But he's figuring it out, and has obviously been a key factor in the team's recent success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom