Absolutely speechless as to how we lost that game | Syracusefan.com

Absolutely speechless as to how we lost that game

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
players need to make plays and we cearky didnt. This game was lost by Bailey, Nassib, and Phil Thomas, make no mistakes about it. Refs made some bad calls but so be it...

Thomas could have closed the game ou had he caught the pick 6... People can talk about marrone all they want but he put us in a position to win that game 200 times

We lost on special teams. That is a fact. Nassib, Bailey, and co made mistakes too but in the end a blocked XP and a blocked FG are the real reasons we lost this game. If 1 of those 2 events does not happen, then we win.

We lost on special teams. That is a fact. Nassib, Bailey, and co made mistakes too but in the end a blocked XP and a blocked FG are the real reasons we lost this game. If 1 of those 2 events does not happen, then we win.

Bring back casullo

People can talk about marrone all they want but he put us in a position to win that game 200 times
Really?

Syracuse
RUTG
SYR

1st and 10 at RUTG 25
Antwon Bailey rush for 10 yards to the Rutgr 15 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at RUTG 15
RUTGERS penalty 4 yard Pass Interference accepted.

1st and 10 at RUTG 11
Antwon Bailey rush for 6 yards to the Rutgr 5.

2nd and 4 at RUTG 5
Antwon Bailey rush for 3 yards to the Rutgr 2.

3rd and 1 at RUTG 2
Jerome Smith rush for no gain to the Rutgr 2.

4th and 1 at RUTG 2
Ross Krautman 19 yard field goal GOOD.

DRIVE TOTALS: SYRACUSE drive: 4 plays 23 yards, 00:00 SYRACUSE FG

This strongly suggests otherwise.

players need to make plays and we cearky didnt. This game was lost by Bailey, Nassib, and Phil Thomas, make no mistakes about it. Refs made some bad calls but so be it...

Thomas could have closed the game ou had he caught the pick 6... People can talk about marrone all they want but he put us in a position to win that game 200 times

IB - I still can't get my head around this game - I have a huge headache as the game was the most illogical game in Marrones tenure (can't think of another one) - I was thinking the same thing as our guys were in positions to make plays but they CHOKED. I cannot place any blame on D or Phil T as the D were down 3 of their best players - it is all on the O & ST

Nassibb made some horrendous decisions, Bailey sucked and p Thomas dropped an int that would have closed the game...

Nassibb made some horrendous decisions, Bailey sucked and p Thomas dropped an int that would have closed the game...

Errors of commission. Marrone's and the staffs were errors of strategy. No effort required.

Errors of commission. Marrone's and the staffs were errors of strategy. No effort required.

So what. Whine about strategy all you want, at the end of the day we didn't lose on strategy, we lost on execution. If Nassib doesn't toss all those picks we probably win, if Bailey doesn't fumble we probably win, if PT makes the int we probably win, if we don't have 1 of 2 blocks we probably win.

Was the strategy flawed? Sure but it was good enough to beat dunderhead GS. Our guys just didn't make the plays. They choked. Major major choke. Blame for this game should be about 15% coaches and 85% players. They didn't play good football, regardless any strategy. I don't care if you line up in a Power I, Wing T, or Empty spread, if a guy is gonna put the ball on the turf then that's what he's gonna do.

ummm didn't mean to bring up a 5 day old thread. I was poking around my alerts and ended up here, and mistook it for a fresh thread. At this point it's a dead horse. Just lock this and move on.

ummm didn't mean to bring up a 5 day old thread. I was poking around my alerts and ended up here, and mistook it for a fresh thread. At this point it's a dead horse. Just lock this and move on.

LOL. Feel better?

I rarely post but I agree with your take 100%. Every time SU loses, people start nit picking every decision the coaches make. Syracuse started three drives inside Rutgers 30 and came up with zero points. Say what you will about the strategy but if the players executed properly Syracuse would've been up by at least three scores by the end of the 3rd quarter. The 4th quarter should've been a formality.

I like Nassib and I am not one of those folks who seem to be intent on replacing him however those two picks in the third quarter were just killers. Especially the way the the defense was playing, you receive three turnovers basically in the red zone, just turn those into points, any points at all and the game is OVER.