ACC: 2013-2014 BBall Schedule | Syracusefan.com

ACC: 2013-2014 BBall Schedule

arbitragegls

All Conference
Yikes, just heard from my source that ACC is taking a look at what may be an unplanned expansion in BBALL and other sports with a potential early arrival from Louisville and Notre Dame. Ajpparently the Catholic 7 (soon to be called the BE) is negotiating hard to get out by this July...that is July '13. If this happens, there may be a possibility for both Louisville and Notre Dame to send their teams to the ACC (football is questionable but possible).
How would you feel about this...a year early to have a bball conference that includes:
UNC, Duke, Miami (well they are playing well this year), NCState, 'Cuse, Louisville, Notre Dame...who did I forget?

Yikes, just heard from my source that ACC is taking a look at what may be an unplanned expansion in BBALL and other sports with a potential early arrival from Louisville and Notre Dame. Ajpparently the Catholic 7 (soon to be called the BE) is negotiating hard to get out by this July...that is July '13. If this happens, there may be a possibility for both Louisville and Notre Dame to send their teams to the ACC (football is questionable but possible).
How would you feel about this...a year early to have a bball conference that includes:
UNC, Duke, Miami (well they are playing well this year), NCState, 'Cuse, Louisville, Notre Dame...who did I forget?
Bring them on. Would be really interested in what happens with UL football in that event.

They would stay with the LFKATBE (league formerly known as the Big East) for football only for one year? I would assume so, given that the ACC football schedule was just released.

Unless Maryland becomes part of the plan too and moves to the B1G a year earlier than expected.

I don't see the ACC would be willing to do that, but I could see a scenario where Maryland and the ACC drop litigation and Maryland agrees to pay the full $50 million exit fee, in return for being allowed to leave the ACC in 2013.

its not happening in the summer for them but if it does I agree bring them on. Would make for an incredible hoops season.

Everyone always tries to get out early. Everyone. So I wont be surprised if they do.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Hell yeah that would be great. The opponents in that league as it is supposed to look next season are pretty uninspiring.

I am speculating, but maybe Maryland will agree to pay more in a settlement in exchange for being allowed out of the conference for the 2013-2014 season. However, I doubt B1G wants to add them and Rutgers till the 2014 season for cash and scheduling reasons. I doubt the B1G wants to create totally new schedules so late in the game for the 2013 football season and doubt they could honestly and I doubt the B1G wants to feed 2 more mouths an additional year before the heading on the free market in 2016. The most likely outcome IMO is that Notre Dame gets out of the BE after this season with the Catholic 7 for ACC basketball and Louisville is stuck 1 more year in the BE, Maryland and the ACC settle for a figure close to 40 million with a complete gag order and non-disclosure agreement preventing either side from leaking the actual settlement.
If the B1G Maryland, Rutgers agreed to move all sports but Football for 2013-2014 and everything for 2014-2015 MAYBE, Louisville could get the same arrangement as well with the ACC.

its not happening in the summer for them but if it does I agree bring them on. Would make for an incredible hoops season.
I see you got your "Living Legend" tag...congratulations.

It is just about complete...Notre Dame to ACC for sports, except football, July 1, 2013...Louisville bball is also being discussed...told we should know within the week whether both come on board early.

It is just about complete...Notre Dame to ACC for sports, except football, July 1, 2013...Louisville bball is also being discussed...told we should know within the week whether both come on board early.
That would be so great. The sooner we get ND in the ACC the better. Let's wrap it up.

You forgot Pitt.

That would be so great. The sooner we get ND in the ACC the better. Let's wrap it up.
It is looking good for July, 2013--although football association may be getting a push also--for later on of course.

lville will have to come for 13-14 as well. cant see them being left out in the cold for a year.

maryland is definetly the fool here. they either spend the year as the 16th unwanted school, or they pay handsomely and get out.

the b1g is going to have to 'save' its schools. rut and maryland will have to come in for all sports but football starting in the fall. and if maryland cant pay, then delaney will have to pick up the tab.

what would absolutely rule, is if maryland says 'thanks but no thanks' to the b1g, and stays.

of course the b1g may be forced to go to a useless school, which nobody wants...:noidea:

Oh Lord

lville will have to come for 13-14 as well. cant see them being left out in the cold for a year.

maryland is definetly the fool here. they either spend the year as the 16th unwanted school, or they pay handsomely and get out.

the b1g is going to have to 'save' its schools. rut and maryland will have to come in for all sports but football starting in the fall. and if maryland cant pay, then delaney will have to pick up the tab.

what would absolutely rule, is if maryland says 'thanks but no thanks' to the b1g, and stays.

of course the b1g may be forced to go to a useless school, which nobody wants...:noidea:

Oh Lord
That would leave the ACC with 15 football schools and necessitate adding either UConn or Cincy and I doubt the ACC wants another mouth to feed unless Daddy Warbucks(ESPN) would give the ACC enough cash to justify it. Maryland is Fredo the ACC doesn't want them back and if they stayed the B1G would go after Mizzou from the SEC(no exit fee to leave the SEC) potentially and cause musical chairs from that direction.

From ESPN article...

The departure of the Catholic 7 schools, which would officially begin their new league on July 1, also could mean Notre Dame joins the ACC this summer instead of 2014.
Sources said Notre Dame has planned on remaining in the Big East for the 2013-14 academic year as long as the Catholic 7 schools did so. However, if those schools left before then, the Fighting Irish would also look to join the ACC this summer.
If unable to join the ACC in 2013-14, the Fighting Irish would consider spending one season in the Catholic 7 league before moving to the ACC in 2014, a source said.
It's unknown if the ACC could still add Notre Dame in 2013-14. However, Louisville, which also is leaving the Big East for the ACC, must wait until 2014 because it would disrupt the ACC's football divisions and schedules, a source said. Rutgers also would not leave the Big East for the Big Ten until 2014.

That would leave the ACC with 15 football schools and necessitate adding either UConn or Cincy and I doubt the ACC wants another mouth to feed unless Daddy Warbucks(ESPN) would give the ACC enough cash to justify it. Maryland is Fredo the ACC doesn't want them back and if they stayed the B1G would go after Mizzou from the SEC(no exit fee to leave the SEC) potentially and cause musical chairs from that direction.
no it wouldnt.

the 16th school is nd.

i expect their games scheduled with the ACC to increase over time.

no it wouldnt.

the 16th school is nd.

i expect their games scheduled with the ACC to increase over time.
You better hope ESPN gets the Football rights to Notre Dame's home games if you want to see that happen. I highly doubt now that NBC has been shutout of all the new conference contracts that they won't overpay Notre Dame to keep their TV rights. I actually think ND will get more per year(20-23 million per year) for 6/7 home games than the entire artist formerly known as the Big East will get for 10 teams. If NBC resigns ND Football kiss any ND to the ACC rumors away till that new contract expires.

You better hope ESPN gets the Football rights to Notre Dame's home games if you want to see that happen. I highly doubt now that NBC has been shutout of all the new conference contracts that they won't overpay Notre Dame to keep their TV rights. I actually think ND will get more per year(20-23 million per year) for 6/7 home games than the entire artist formerly known as the Big East will get for 10 teams. If NBC resigns ND Football kiss any ND to the ACC rumors away till that new contract expires.
as confs expand, i expect conf games to go to 9 & 10.

nd can have fun playing the umass' on nbc, or join for real. :noidea:

Oh Lord