ACC and Conference Ratings - Per Sports Reference | Syracusefan.com

ACC and Conference Ratings - Per Sports Reference

CbusCuse

All Conference
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2022.html

Cusian posted this in the Leary thread (Thanks Cusian!) but I thought this was deserving of its own thread.

1665435743745.png

Also of bigger note to me was the conference SRS ratings. BIG 12 is really strong this year.
And note that if you were to take the average SRS of the Atlantic side of the ACC it would be a 12.29 which is exactly the SRS rating of the BIG 12.

1665435666066.png

Ha. OK since nobody posted any responses, maybe it didn't need its own thread. I just thought it was worth pointing out that as of now, the ACC is better than the BIG and really the Atlantic side of the ACC has been just as good as any conference in football.
The Atlantic side has only lost one non-conference game all year. We haven't played the big dogs in conference yet but it bodes well for our SOS moving forward regardless of all the game outcomes.

And I’m glad it’s happening next year and not in 2028 or some far off time period.
I do like the 3-5-5 model. BC, Pitt and FSU is a really good draw for us. We have the two Northeast teams for rivalry purposes and one Florida team for exposure/ recruiting. Only way it could have been better would be if we drew Miami which would be an automatic arch rival.

And I’m glad it’s happening next year and not in 2028 or some far off time period.
The B1G and SEC had to face facts and realize the ACC wasn't going to implode before 2036 when the Grant of Rights expires. The crazy thing is, their elite teams would benefit the most from 3-5-5 by breaking up the number of tough games each year. The biggest winner of 3-5-5 in the B1G would be Penn State who would get out of having to play both Ohio State and Michigan every year.

I do like the 3-5-5 model. BC, Pitt and FSU is a really good draw for us. We have the two Northeast teams for rivalry purposes and one Florida team for exposure/ recruiting. Only way it could have been better would be if we drew Miami which would be an automatic arch rival.
I’ll take FSU since having them means we don’t have to see Louisville every year. Nobody in the league wanted UL.

I’ll take FSU since having them means we don’t have to see Louisville every year. Nobody in the league wanted UL.
Those Florida recruits and potential future recruits seeing our program every year can only help us.

20 years ago, yes. I don't see Miami as much of anything these days other than a perennially under performing, over rated program.

I think my Syracuse to win the ACC and UNC to win the ACC betting slips are in the trash with losing tickets I have to go dumpster dive this afternoon. Don't think they went out with last weeks trash but this sucks.

NM found them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom