ACC and Maryland Reach Legal Agreement... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC and Maryland Reach Legal Agreement...

jr4750 said:
Huh, well that's less than 52, so who wins?
Maryland since they are paying less than the contractually required amount.

Last edited:
Does this mean Delaney will call off his dogs from Syracuse.

I will say this...Watch out for conference realignment starting in 2026/27/28.

Once schools have built up their war-chest with TV money (and the fear of lost media rights is gone) we will see the next round of realignment. My guess is the moves will be big.

(Texas to the Pac... B12 implosion)
There is no way to predict 10 - 12 years out. Too many variables.

I think we win.
  1. MD legal argument never sees the light of day so no unfavorable precedent.
  2. Several favorable procedural rulings along the way from the NC court.
  3. $31 million is pretty severe penalty in its own right.
  4. Doesn't affect the GOR now in place.
I think enough of a point was made.

I'm just waiting for 'The Dude' (is he still around?) to say the pilfering of the ACC is near!

Sure, maybe.

Honestly, the internet has been a much better place since the realignment talk died. If it doesn't rear it's head again for a decade we'll all be better for it.

hopefully the dude and frank the tank killed themselves

Think Arb... with the scoop as always. His info is spot on. ACC def won out of all this. Big 10 picked up 2 broke programs one even more broke. Time for new toys!

"As the STEALTH side whispers were saying nearly 6 months ago and recently a month ago the following:

"Stealth side whispers believe that a settlement in the range of $30,000,000+ will be negotiated...this is showing just have bankrupt Univ of Maryland is insofar as athletic $$$$$$(in a big hole that the B1G $$ will not bail out for a number of years). "
It's Good to be 'Cuse!! The order of the 'Cuse Orange..."

Please give Arb... the props he deserves.
http://syracusefan.com/threads/dont-be-surprised-by-acc-maryland-settlement.78569/

Can we have our "44 court" where we are displaying all the great 44's sponsored by the University of Maryland?

As in most cases, no one other than the lawyers.
The ACC lawyers were on retainer, so they didn't cost that much additionally.

The ACC lawyers were on retainer, so they didn't cost that much additionally.
What make you think retainers covered all those expenses?

I wondering if its a coincidence that this agreement is made the day after the P5 decision can down. Could the B1G & ACC made some kind of gentlemen's agreement re: MD and further poaching?

Seems like the P5 would want to have period of stability right now and not any contentious lawsuits going on.
I was under the impression that this needed to be settled before another season has started

OU is sitting pretty without having to play a conference championship. Easiest road to a NC.
When Zero-U misses out on a playoff spot due to relative schedule strength issues (real and/or perceived) they'll be singing a different tune.

I'm in Big 12 country. It's not happening. OU is sitting pretty without having to play a conference championship. Easiest road to a NC.

Just wait til OU has to deal with the B1G.

What make you think retainers covered all those expenses?
It was in a newspaper article. We know that everything you read online must be accurate. lol

I would be good with that, especially if they brought along Texas...
Texas and OU to the ACC ! Could Swofford deal Delaney another devastating one-two combination (Pitt and Cuse) and leave the B1G grasping at straws ( WV and Temple ) ?

RAID THE BIG TEN!

Aside from Michigan and one of PSU/OSU, who would we want? Nobody, not even the Big 12 or B1G wants to travel to Lincoln. I would be glad with UM +1.

Texas and OU to the ACC ! Could Swofford deal Delaney another devastating one-two combination (Pitt and Cuse) and leave the B1G grasping at straws ( WV and Temple ) ?

That would be fun. UConn's dance card remains open, Mr. Delaney.

Aside from Michigan and one of PSU/OSU, who would we want? Nobody, not even the Big 12 or B1G wants to travel to Lincoln. I would be glad with UM +1.

Penn State (which won't happen obviously)

As a Michigan man too, I've never felt that they belong in the conference which is now exacerbated by the horrible move by Maryland and the abortion known as Rutgers. Paterno wanted an east coast football conference and now there is one. It should be:

Syracuse
Boston College
Penn State
Maryland
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Pittsburgh
North Carolina
Duke
North Carolina State
Wake Forest
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Florida State
Miami
Louisville

A neat 16-team conference. And to quote Bo Schembehler, "To hell with Notre Dame"