Pittsburgh@Maryland ESPN2
Illinois@Clemson ESPN2
Wake Forest@Northwestern ESPNU
NC State@Purdue ESPN2
Georgia Tech@Penn State ESPNU
Ohio State@Florida State ESPN2
Minnesota @Miami ESPNU
Michigan State@Louisville ESPN

Good stuff, Michigan is a great opponent. They have lost Staukias, Robinson, Flop City Morgan, Horford from last year's team. They will have a great offense with their coach so it should be a good game.

Hoo's That said:
If true, that's not a very smart thing to do. :crazy:

Yea, that's kind of weak to have them put you against MD.

Yea, that's kind of weak to have them put you against MD.
Yes, Maryland is a weak program and should be little competition for the Cavs.

More problematic, there might well be some hostility expressed by their 'special' fans. Sadly, that is probably what is driving this. That or Maryland is desperate to get an attractive opponent at home to help address their awful B1G home schedule for basketball now that they have been demoted.

If true, that's not a very smart thing to do. :crazy:

David Teel‏@DavidTeelatDP 19m
Concur with #UVa faithful down on Maryland matchup in #ACC-Big Ten Challenge. Unimaginative and not reflective of Cavaliers' potential.

Is it definitely at Michigan? Probably would make sense after we hosted it this past year...

Last edited:
Good stuff, Michigan is a great opponent. They have lost Staukias, Robinson, Flop City Morgan, Horford from last year's team. They will have a great offense with their coach so it should be a good game.
Should be a fun game. A friend of mine, a graduate of Ohio State, provided the following directions to the Michigan campus.

"Go north until you smell it."

"Then go west until you step on it."

Mon Dec 1
Nebraska at Florida State
Rutgers at Clemson

Tues Dec 2
No. 21 Syracuse at No. 24 Michigan
Ohio State at No. 8 Louisville
Pittsburgh at Indiana
NC State at Purdue
Illinois at Miami (Fla.)
Minnesota at Wake Forest

Wed Dec 3
No. 2 Duke at No. 4 Wisconsin
No. 18 Michigan State at Notre Dame
No. 25 Iowa at No. 6 North Carolina
No. 7 Virginia at Maryland
Georgia Tech at Northwestern
Virginia Tech at Penn State

1606933_10152467963067223_2777923465442326667_n.jpg

Last edited:
how did virginia not get Mich state? i dont get it. cupcake city again for them.

how did virginia not get Mich state? i dont get it. cupcake city again for them.

Probably because Michigan State and Notre Dame haven't played against each other since 1979.

David Teel‏@DavidTeelatDP 7m
.@BrianHamiltonSI confirming my earlier tweet: #UVa at Maryland in #ACC-Big Ten Challenge.

The Sabre is in meltdown over this crap. There is about zero interest in this matchup no matter how good Maryland is, and it's hard to believe that the ACC would even allow such a game be scheduled before collecting Maryland's exit fee. Most were hoping for a rematch against Michigan State from this past Sweet Sixteen.

But some of these other matchups look good.

I hope our newfound friends in Death Valley give the 20 RU fans that show up a real down home asskicking. :)

The Sabre is in meltdown over this crap. There is about zero interest in this matchup no matter how good Maryland is, and it's hard to believe that the ACC would even allow such a game be scheduled before collecting Maryland's exit fee. Most were hoping for a rematch against Michigan State from this past Sweet Sixteen.

But some of these other matchups look good.

You guys got hosed. But look at it this way. You didn't get Nebraska or Rutgers. That is a positive. At least you can hate UMD.

I honestly can't believe Maryland is hosting Virginia either. I would have thought the ACC would listen to UVA, Duke, UNC, NCSU and keep them out of College Park for a while. It should have been Virginia@Michigan, Pitt/Syracuse@Indiana, Pitt/Syracuse@Maryland.

These decisions were dumb IMO. Their wouldn't have been as much bad blood between Maryland and Syracuse/Pittsburgh than the original ACC teams.

Can't wait to ...destroy UM