ACC - Big Ten Challenge pairings come out at 4 PM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC - Big Ten Challenge pairings come out at 4 PM

Sweet. 3 hours from me and a great town. Gonna try my best to get to Ann Arbor!

I honestly can't believe Maryland is hosting Virginia either. I would have thought the ACC would listen to UVA, Duke, UNC, NCSU and keep them out of College Park for a while. It should have been Virginia@Michigan, Pitt/Syracuse@Indiana, Pitt/Syracuse@Maryland.

These decisions were dumb IMO. Their wouldn't have been as much bad blood between Maryland and Syracuse/Pittsburgh than the original ACC teams.

throwing Maryland a bone to settle lawsuit maybe?

LeVert gonna be the man for UM next year. Walton and Irvin gonna be good too

You guys got hosed. But look at it this way. You didn't get Nebraska or Rutgers. That is a positive. At least you can hate UMD.

It's not the end of the world. We've played there 100 times. It's just not at all exciting or interesting. UVA fans are thrilled to be rid of that game, and here we go getting it again. No one hates Maryland, just wanted something more exciting. Yes Rutgers would probably be more underwhelming.

I honestly can't believe Maryland is hosting Virginia either. I would have thought the ACC would listen to UVA, Duke, UNC, NCSU and keep them out of College Park for a while. It should have been Virginia@Michigan, Pitt/Syracuse@Indiana, Pitt/Syracuse@Maryland.

These decisions were dumb IMO. Their wouldn't have been as much bad blood between Maryland and Syracuse/Pittsburgh than the original ACC teams.
ESPN wasn't going to waste a big audience draw brand like Syracuse on MD. The pairings aren't just about expected W/L records for next season...it's also about sexy brands. UVA is going to have to win big more than 1 season to get that kind of brand treatment.

Why should we suffer, and have to play a lesser ooc schedule game because the other acc teams are mad at md?

Why should we suffer, and have to play a lesser ooc schedule game because the other acc teams are mad at md?

No one is Mad at Maryland from the ACC. We were, but that's long gone. We just need them to pay the exit, and then we no longer want to deal with them again. It is a divorce. Don't divorce and force us to deal with you anymore. Go away! That's basically the feeling.

Do me a favor block me. I don't understand your post. How would we suffer playing at Maryland for 1 turn in the ACC/B1G challenge. Their is bad blood from the original ACC for Maryland. We aren't a NC contender next year and playing at Maryland would still be a good resume win for us in March. I mean we aren't suffering by having Syracuse or Pittsburgh play at Maryland for the first time in the challenge.

Do me a favor block me. I don't understand your post. How would we suffer playing at Maryland for 1 turn in the ACC/B1G challenge. Their is bad blood from the original ACC for Maryland. We aren't a NC contender next year and playing at Maryland would still be a good resume win for us in March. I mean we aren't suffering by having Syracuse or Pittsburgh play at Maryland for the first time in the challenge.

It would hurt our rpi playing md, they aren't going to be very good next year. We might not me a nc contender, but we will be a top 25 team. Syracuse/Michigan brings more eyeballs to the set than Uva/Michigan does.

It would hurt our rpi playing md, they aren't going to be very good next year. We might not me a nc contender, but we will be a top 25 team. Syracuse/Michigan brings more eyeballs to the set than Uva/Michigan does.
You obviously don't get my point. Also, how do you know Maryland won't be very good next year as Mark Turgeron will be coaching for his job next year and Michigan is losing a lot of talent in Stauikas, Robinson III, McGary, Morgan, Horford. Virginia is projected to be better than us next year so obviously the conferences/ESPN feel Maryland should be a solid team. Having one of Pitt/Syracuse go to Maryland would have been the result for our fellow conference mates.

So the dumpster fire is on its way to Littlejohn. Guess we are taking one for the team.
We were left out last year. Perhaps we were better off...

You obviously don't get my point. Also, how do you know Maryland won't be very good next year as Mark Turgeron will be coaching for his job next year and Michigan is losing a lot of talent in Stauikas, Robinson III, McGary, Morgan, Horford. Virginia is projected to be better than us next year so obviously the conferences/ESPN feel Maryland should be a solid team. Having one of Pitt/Syracuse go to Maryland would have been the result for our fellow conference mates.

What is your point then? Maryland wasn't very good last, and they lost some guys from their team. Both Michigan and Syracuse lost some guys, but both programs constantly reload. Virginia is projected to be better, that doesn't mean that they will. Syracuse has earned the right to get the benefit of the doubt, because of years of sustainable success. Uva has one had one good year.

What is your point then? Maryland wasn't very good last, and they lost some guys from their team. Both Michigan and Syracuse lost some guys, but both programs constantly reload. Virginia is projected to be better, that doesn't mean that they will. Syracuse has earned the right to get the benefit of the doubt, because of years of sustainable success. Uva has one had one good year.
If you don't get the point please put me on block as I don't want to explain the obvious.

If you don't get the point please put me on block as I don't want to explain the obvious.

You were trying to sell me that because that because Uva is projected to be better, they should be playing against Michigan instead. Grow up, I am not going to block you.

You were trying to sell me that because that because Uva is projected to be better, they should be playing against Michigan instead. Grow up, I am not going to block you.
That wasn't all I said if you go back and read the posts. I said their is BAD BLOOD between the ACC original schools and Maryland. Thus, so those original schools(Duke, North Carolina, Virginia, NC State were the ones I listed) didn't have to go to Maryland YEAR ONE after their divorce one of Syracuse or Pittsburgh should have gone to Maryland because they have less bad blood.

That wasn't all I said if you go back and read the posts. I said their is BAD BLOOD between the ACC original schools and Maryland. Thus, so those original schools(Duke, North Carolina, Virginia, NC State were the ones I listed) didn't have to go to Maryland YEAR ONE after their divorce one of Syracuse or Pittsburgh should have gone to Maryland because they have less bad blood.

They have to get over their bad blood, but they could have avoided it by creating a msu/uva match up. My point was that Syracuse shouldn't have to be playing Maryland, because there is bad blood with the other schools. Syracuse should be given a chance to play a good big ten team.