ACC Comments on Notre Dame and Catholic 7: | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Comments on Notre Dame and Catholic 7:

Notre Dame is expecting to walk without paying. They essentially are saying there is no Big East anymore.
If SU and Pitt have not paid their full $7.5M yet (and I would think they would have put off making their final payment until the last moment--7/1), could they also state that, as there is no more "Big East", they also can "walk" with no further exchange of funds?

The next week should be interesting, when Memphis, SMU, Houston, UCF, Temple agreed to join it wasn't just for football, basketball and other sports were included. If I'm those schools no-way I come to a conference with only UConn, Cincinnati, and USF for basketball. I'm sure a good lawyer can find a way out when the name of the conference, and 3/4 of the teams have left for greener pastures. They were expecting to play in MSG against teams like Georgetown, St Johns, Villanova, Marquette, UConn, Cincinnati.

If SU and Pitt have not paid their full $7.5M yet (and I would think they would have put off making their final payment until the last moment--7/1), could they also state that, as there is no more "Big East", they also can "walk" with no further exchange of funds?
Yeah...just like when your bank got sold and the new bank forgave your mortgage because the old bank no longer existed.

Yeah...just like when your bank got sold and the new bank forgave your mortgage because the old bank no longer existed.
My point is--if ND can skate, might that not set a precedent?