ACC Conference clean sweep on national titles for 3 major sports | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Conference clean sweep on national titles for 3 major sports

I initially had softball on the potential list and took it off. Why? No real reason other than I do not follow it and was not sure how much anyone else did. I will say my impression has been that many schools use softball as a cheap, large women's team sport for Title IX purposes.
The softball playoffs will be all over ESPN right quick. The SEC and Big XII take softball very, very seriously. IIRC, the championships are held in OKC.

If anything women's soccer is the cheap, large roster women's sport. Look at the ACC. F$U and Da U both have women's team but no men's team. The only SEC schools with a men's team are Kentucky and South Carolina (they have to play in Conference USA), while all 14 schools have women's soccer teams.

I mean, if we're saying lacrosse is one of the three major sports, don't we also then have to include women's basketball as it is more of a ratings draw than lacrosse ever thought of being. Lacrosse is the #3 major college sport only in the minds of SU fans.

With that said -- Notre Dame won the women's basketball championship this year, so we got that going for us, which is nice.
Yea that's pretty much what I was going for in terms of lacrosse being my 3rd favorite SU sport to follow and many other Syracuse fans I would think

The ACC. Because we're just better.