ACC - Double Edged Sword | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC - Double Edged Sword

We can be a little smarter in the non conference moving forward. We schedule like a Springsteen concert taking requests from the crowd.

What? Our OOC has been laughable for years. Just the last few years have we gone out and played peeps in the OOC . Only after jimmy was left out of the tourney years ago for a laughable OOC. something he was doing for years. He complied 60% of his wins against the cornells and Bonnie's of the world for 20 years before the committee made him move outta the dome and play someone;)

I'm ok with 10-8 this year. I have a big problem with 5 OOC losses, 3 of them coming to crappy teams. That's unheard of for Cuse. If we win those, we're 21-11 and everything's fine.

Very good point. Losing to Mullins johnnies team by 30 at home is ridiculous. Mullin is clueless. Also uconn and bc stink this year.

What? Our OOC has been laughable for years. Just the last few years have we gone out and played peeps in the OOC . Only after jimmy was left out of the tourney years ago for a laughable OOC. something he was doing for years. He complied 60% of his wins against the cornells and Bonnie's of the world for 20 years before the committee made him move outta the dome and play someone;)

That's a pretty uninformed take.

We got left out one year because we lost to Drexel and Wichita State in the nonconference, not because we played them.

• Since joining the ACC, SU is just a middle of the road or worse team in this conference. We have been a non-factor in being anywhere near the top of this conference. AFter four years, SU still hasn't won an ACC tournament game. JB is just happy being average. He doesn't have the interest in getting out on the road and recruit. He's too busy or uninterested in beating the bushes for players. He's already checked out. He still wants to win, but unless he makes some changes, SU will continue to be an also ran in the ACC. We are not athletic or skilled enough to win at an upper level pace in the ACC. We need some semblance of an inside game. There's very little physicality on this team. After 32 games, he shouldn't have to tell his players to attack. They continue to play east to west.

That's a pretty uninformed take.

We got left out one year because we lost to Drexel and Wichita State in the nonconference, not because we played them.

Oh, come on, our OOC was laughable for jimmys first 20-25 years. We never left the dome from Nov til tourney play after the first of the year. Thats a solid 2 months of patsies and JB took full advantage unlike any other coach. He played every mid major in the state and anyone else who didn't:)

He never has, with this attitude. But fans worship him regardless. He and the Hop situation is a dumpster fire. Hop is a sucker for handing this long and jimmy remains unlikable. I have tried for 20 years...just not happening.

Very good point. Losing to Mullins johnnies team by 30 at home is ridiculous. Mullin is clueless. Also uconn and bc stink this year.
Why are you even here? A HC coach and HC in waiting who you hate? They're dumpster fires. The schedule is horrible. How can you follow such a team? Why bother? Those FF's must really tick you off.

Why are you even here? A HC coach and HC in waiting who you hate? They're dumpster fires. The schedule is horrible. How can you follow such a team? Why bother? Those FF's must really tick you off.

What? I speak what i see, i love this school and all it represents, but geeez, we are bad. I am calling a spade a spade...much like others here on the board. Wish we were better, but at this level of recruiting and hype, we are not. The schedule actually wasn't that bad for an ACC team...we did nothing away from the dome and that is SUPER sig.....

News Flash to people. We need to stop expecting great conference records. The 2nd place team was 12-6(ND). I wouldn't expect more than 11-12 ACC wins going forward at all. 10 is tough as it is. This conference is a gauntlet. We need to be better in November and December going forward. You can win 11 games in this conference and finish in 3rd place. We need to stop comparing this to the past. If anyone pays attention to ACC soccer they know what I am talking about.

Maybe this is just me, but we should expect to be top 6 in the ACC every year, at least. National program, excellent facilities, great support.

We got 30K+ to watch a 13 loss SU team play Georgia Tech! That's incredible; who else can do that?

We are supported like a UNC, UL, Duke-level program and it wasn't too long ago we won like those programs too

I think we lost a majority of those games because Frank Howard was getting too many minutes. UConn and Georgetown specifically.

Agreed, we're a much better team with Gillon playing the amount of minutes he is. Having said that we still built a double digit lead in the second half against UConn and didn't close it out.

We can be a little smarter in the non conference moving forward. We schedule like a Springsteen concert taking requests from the crowd.

We should quit playing all former Big East Schools in the non-conference. They hurt our RPI and they want to beat SU way worse than Cuse wants to beat them...it's pretty obvious. It's a no-win situation for SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom