ACC & ESPN | Syracusefan.com

ACC & ESPN

SBU72

All Conference
There is a steady flow on the web about conference realignment. If I understand it correctly, the ACC's only real advantage is the media control it maintains even if a school leave to join a different conference. The biggest problem is the financial agreement with ESPN it terms of payout (comparatively small) and length (long!). All the web stuff mostly discusses football but I assume that it applies to b-ball too. My question is wouldn't it be to ESPN's advantage to renegotiate it's contract to help the ACC keep its members? If the conference falls apart as badly as some predict, the contract is just about worthless in value to ESPN. Am I wrong?

All Disney cares about is money, so will they renegotiate a more favorable contract for the ACC, granting the conference more money? Of course not

There is a steady flow on the web about conference realignment. If I understand it correctly, the ACC's only real advantage is the media control it maintains even if a school leave to join a different conference. The biggest problem is the financial agreement with ESPN it terms of payout (comparatively small) and length (long!). All the web stuff mostly discusses football but I assume that it applies to b-ball too. My question is wouldn't it be to ESPN's advantage to renegotiate it's contract to help the ACC keep its members? If the conference falls apart as badly as some predict, the contract is just about worthless in value to ESPN. Am I wrong?
The amount paid by ESPN goes up with each new member added to the conference. At present it's something like $30M per. The amount paid was never fixed to the original amount of the contract. There have been and will be periodic "look-ins" to adjust the payment based on ratings, etc.

Football is the biggest part of the contract. Notre Dame got $17M from the ACC, while the full members got $39M (which included bowl money).

All Disney cares about is money, so will they renegotiate a more favorable contract for the ACC, granting the conference more money? Of course not
And my point was if ACC football/ basketball declines the ESPN viewership would decline thus the revenue would be less. It seems to me that it is in the best interest of ESPN/ DISNEY to keep the ACC strong and not letting the Big 5 get reduced to 3 or 2.

If your provider carries the ACCN, you get access to the ACCN Xtra games through the ESPN app.
You can also get there through your computer. On the ESPN home page there is a link on the upper right side labelled "Watch".

You can also get there through your computer. On the ESPN home page there is a link on the upper right side labelled "Watch".
Is that going to be taken away and turned into a subscription? Haven't read anything on the topic so I'm hoping someone can share. Thanks.

If your provider carries the ACCN, you get access to the ACCN Xtra games through the ESPN app.

Not sure if anyone else is running into this, but I have no issue getting ACCN Xtra games on the ESPN app through Amazon FireTV or my tablet, but when I try to get them through Roku, it asks for me to sign up for a subscription to the app. I have my provider (Directv) setup in the app, but it acts as if it's not recognizing it.

Not sure if anyone else is running into this, but I have no issue getting ACCN Xtra games on the ESPN app through Amazon FireTV or my tablet, but when I try to get them through Roku, it asks for me to sign up for a subscription to the app. I have my provider (Directv) setup in the app, but it acts as if it's not recognizing it.
While Roku accounts are free, I've never had any of mine ask for my Roku login to get the ACCN Xtra games on the ESPN app. My main provider is YouTube TV.

While Roku accounts are free, I've never had any of mine ask for my Roku login to get the ACCN Xtra games on the ESPN app. My main provider is YouTube TV.

sorry, it's my ESPN+ login. You can do it with either your ESPN account or your provider, which mine is Directv. However, when I use the app through Roku with my Directv login, ESPN wants me to subscribe. I don't have that issue through FireTV or my tablet. Not sure why this is happening.

sorry, it's my ESPN+ login. You can do it with either your ESPN account or your provider, which mine is Directv. However, when I use the app through Roku with my Directv login, ESPN wants me to subscribe. I don't have that issue through FireTV or my tablet. Not sure why this is happening.
I'm not an ESPN+ subscriber, so I wouldn't even begin to try to speculate what's up.

When you pulled up each of the last 2 Syracuse football games, there have been two options. One for ESPN+ and one for ACC Network Extra. Are you sure you are selecting the ACCNX option? It's pretty easy to pick the wrong one.

I found that there was 2 listings for the game. Accx and ESPN+. Click the accx icon otherwise it will ask for ESPN+ credentials

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom