ACC Football and Basketball Coming to The CW Network This Fall | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Football and Basketball Coming to The CW Network This Fall

Deep breath. ACC is not losing any inventory. Raycom had these games left to fill and with some of the RSN’s filing bankruptcy, Raycom got their inventory back to sell off again. The same amount of games that would have been broadcast on Yes or NESN, etc will still be broadcast, just on CW network instead. Which is actually more widely distributed than those other RSN’s I just mentioned. Nothing changes, the number of games broadcast does not alter and the ACC does not make any more or any less money. If anything, the CW will be better exposure than what they had previously.

May 5, 2023

8 Large Markets Are Losing The CW​

Recently Warner Bros. Discovery has sold majority control of The CW to Nexstar. Now some large affiliates in 8 markets are dropping The CW and becoming independent stations starting September 1st, 2023.

CBS stations in Atlanta, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Tampa, Sacramento, San Francisco, Seattle, and Tampa have announced that starting September 1st, 2023, they will be dropping The CW and becoming independent.

8 Large Markets Are Losing The CW | Cord Cutters News

May 5, 2023

8 Large Markets Are Losing The CW​

Recently Warner Bros. Discovery has sold majority control of The CW to Nexstar. Now some large affiliates in 8 markets are dropping The CW and becoming independent stations starting September 1st, 2023.

CBS stations in Atlanta, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Tampa, Sacramento, San Francisco, Seattle, and Tampa have announced that starting September 1st, 2023, they will be dropping The CW and becoming independent.

8 Large Markets Are Losing The CW | Cord Cutters News
Huh

Huh
Looks like they are all owned by CBS. Largely driven because these stations want to get back into airing local sports now that RSNs are dying. Kind of ironic.

CW says there is strong interest in keeping CW on the air in the markets and they will find a home.

Nobody has asked how much more of a share it would be for each team in the ACC. Isn’t that the most important part of Thais story?

Nobody has asked how much more of a share it would be for each team in the ACC. Isn’t that the most important part of Thais story?
probably nada as they werealready games we were going to get paid for from rsn

probably nada as they werealready games we were going to get paid for from rsn
Correct. The rights to those games were sold to Raycom a decade or so ago. The ACC got paid then. When Raycom re-sells the rights, the ACC gets nothing.

I get every sports channel possible. I fear that the WB will broadcast their teen shows long before they will exempt them to show a college basketball game.
"Never take counsel of your fears." - Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson

Lot of slander for a channel that has Smallville, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, All American and Veronica Mars (among many others) in it's history! Come on, now.

leighton meester GIF

Correct. The rights to those games were sold to Raycom a decade or so ago. The ACC got paid then. When Raycom re-sells the rights, the ACC gets nothing.
Probably but we really don’t know what the contracts say.

He has Dish network, which is not available in Canada. Not sure how he is doing it. Billing to an American address?
DonLightfoot ?
This is true to a degree. Numerous outlets up here sell the hardware, but you need to have an American firm handle the programming, and billing is handled through them. My service provider is in Detroit which is who I have to contact regarding program servicing and packages, cannot contact DISH directly. As far as Dish Network is concerned I live in Watertown, NY which is the closest city to where I actually live. I get all the local channels from that area. Maybe CW is not available in that upstate New York region??????

This is true to a degree. Numerous outlets up here sell the hardware, but you need to have an American firm handle the programming, and billing is handled through them. My service provider is in Detroit which is who I have to contact regarding program servicing and packages, cannot contact DISH directly. As far as Dish Network is concerned I live in Watertown, NY which is the closest city to where I actually live. I get all the local channels from that area. Maybe CW is not available in that upstate New York region??????

Did you check under "The CW"?

It looks like you might be in luck here…

When FOX first bought NFL and NHL rights no one thought its sports department would succeed

I want to thank you guys for all the input on this, it is appreciated. I have no channel "The CW" or "TCW".

I found a couple of websites for "CW 14/22 Watertown". One had a link saying "Where can I get this channel?" and when I clicked on this I got some weird error window and was blocked. It said to send an email to them to sort it out. DUH! No email link or address was provided.

On another site there was a "chat" availability, but they wanted money to communicate with somebody.

Man, all I want to do is watch SU hoops and I've been running into roadblocks for 10-15 years. The ESPN games have always been there for me. The Regional Sports Channels were dropped by DISH a couple of years ago. Then the ACCN came on board and I was a happy camper. Now another BS scenario. As most of you know from past threads ESPN+ and ACCNx are not available for me.

As mentioned earlier, I will need to make a call to my Detroit provider to get some answers, hopefully.

Lot of slander for a channel that has Smallville, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, All American and Veronica Mars (among many others) in it's history! Come on, now.

leighton meester GIF
And let's not forget Dawson's Creek and Buffy the Vampire Slayer in the WB era.

I want to thank you guys for all the input on this, it is appreciated. I have no channel "The CW" or "TCW".

I found a couple of websites for "CW 14/22 Watertown". One had a link saying "Where can I get this channel?" and when I clicked on this I got some weird error window and was blocked. It said to send an email to them to sort it out. DUH! No email link or address was provided.

On another site there was a "chat" availability, but they wanted money to communicate with somebody.

Man, all I want to do is watch SU hoops and I've been running into roadblocks for 10-15 years. The ESPN games have always been there for me. The Regional Sports Channels were dropped by DISH a couple of years ago. Then the ACCN came on board and I was a happy camper. Now another BS scenario. As most of you know from past threads ESPN+ and ACCNx are not available for me.

As mentioned earlier, I will need to make a call to my Detroit provider to get some answers, hopefully.
Put a 500 ft antenna on your roof. Maybe you can catch it over the air from Syracuse.